where to buy engine

talk to micky_tee

Northy paid $9,000 for a crate motor from japan. Mick may be able to help you with a 2zz that is cheaper and has low km's.

yes and the other motors that Mick was talking about where our of right off's. Also good luck at the wreckers.

talk to micky_tee

Northy paid $9,000 for a crate motor from japan. Mick may be able to help you with a 2zz that is cheaper and has low km's.

yes and the other motors that Mick was talking about where our of right off's. Also good luck at the wreckers.

where else would u get an engine from than out of a wrecked car??? there's no harm in that, its perfectly legal, and if u go to the RTA or wherever u'll find they dont give a stuff about the engine number of a vehicle anymore. Skutler, if u want a 2zz, talk to me, if u wanna get ripped off, talk to Northy.

talk to micky_tee

Are you defending yourself or having a dig at micky_t? I think both.

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it chum, we could have got you 2 for 9k ;)

Woa...lol

Ok ok...this is my summary:

If you want a brand spanking motor from toyota = $9,000

If you want something 'similar' that has low k's and is already run it = 5,000 odd

Obviously Northy wanted to make sure he had a fresh motor. I guess it's a matter of preference on what you want and desire. At the end of it all I probably would to Mick if I did require a new motor. It'd be run in, cheaper, and if there are any problems they may have already been ironed out. That's just me tho.

i think the only problem with used engines is that some might be in better condition than others depending on the previous driver and maintenance record. Do these used engines come with warranty at all?

Thats true so you don't know what your in for lol the people seeling them will always say its a good engine ;)lol but you wont know till you try it out. i know you get some sort of warranty will engines but dont know how long they give .

i think the only problem with used engines is that some might be in better condition than others depending on the previous driver and maintenance record. Do these used engines come with warranty at all?

Thats true so you don't know what your in for lol the people seeling them will always say its a good engine ;)lol but you wont know till you try it out. i know you get some sort of warranty will engines but dont know how long they give .

I honestly think you have to be a real idiot to destroy or hinder these things under 40,000km's odd. That's the same with the majority of Honda, Toyota and Nissan motors (not all, but most). As for warranty I'm pretty sure they do.