[SYD] Brisbane Drag Meet

There seems to be a fair bit of talk from the Sydney boys about expressed interest in cruising up to Brisbane to join the Queensland boys and girls for the Mazda vs Toyota rematch...

I know i'm keen to head up, and by then ill have had all my breathing work done, so maybe ill pull a half decent time down the strip...

So who is keen? We could drive up 1 or 2 days before hand, try and find some cheap accomodation, or board with the hospitable queenslanders... drag on the 15th, and then head back home the day after... its a long ***** drive, but if we're going convoy it will be a bit more interesting...

At this stage its just an expression of interest, but ill stick my name down... let me know if you are thinking about it (nothing final yet) and we'll try and get a list going...

1. blue_rolla (Tom)

2. eggbert_99 (Jason)

... no dylan :(

4. SyxXPaC (Bill)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you Sydney guys/girls are keen and can get definate numbers then we will try and organise some accomodation for you close to Brisbane CBD which will be near our weekly meet up point and only about 45 odd minutes from the track.

So round up the troops as time is ticking.....

ok .. well the drag day is 15th (Saturday )

just to start it off ... * This is suggestions ONLY*

we take friday 14th off work ...

leave early early friday morning (7am ish ) ... so we are there by friday nite (7 pm ish) ... ??

meet up with brissie ppl if they want to meet on the friday nite .. and show us where to get a good feed !.. coz im sure we will all be famished ...

sat drag day

sunday cruise maybe with the brissie ppl ... they can show us around ... some of their mountain drives ???

then head home early monday morning ... to be home by monday evening ..

then we only have to take 2 days off work ..

Friday 14th .. and Monday 17th ...

what you all think ??

Man this sucks i only just started a new job recently i would have loved to have taken the rice-bubble down to race some mazdas!!!! DAMN IT!!!! <_< :( :D :lol: :P

I can feel that your gonna be sick about the 14th of july to the 17th of july lol :P

NICE!! good to see some interest!

seeing as i dont really work too often, i will just take those dates off uni (actually it might be in the uni holidays)...

i like the idea of pancake parlour and jason your plan sounds like a winner... im going to need SO much money for petrol.. far out.. its worth it but...

Sydney to Brisbane (thanks dylan)

its a really long drive lol... 10hrs, without breaks... ah well...

lets keep the talk going and get some details organised...

who else is coming? 3 cars is a bit pathetic!

don't you mean Sydney to Brisvegas Tom?

prob best to go up the New England Highway to avoid the truck and crap on the Pacific Highway that there seams to be 100000000s of on a Friday. On Monday it should be better for a drive back on the Pacific though :)

HAHA

yeah ok thanks dylan... dunno what was going through my mind... i think it was because i was thinking if the canberra guys should join us and how much extra of a drive it would be, so i just wrote canberra...

do you canberra guys wanna join us?

and i dont know if ill be up for the O.P on monday... ill be so over driving :P

not the old Pacific, just the Pacific Highway from Brisbane to Sydney... the one that goes along the coast that has a lot of freaks that drive it in trucks @ 120 km/h tailgating you... even though they are speed limitted to 100 <_< <_< <_< <_<

oh right... yeah they are psychos at night... i was going up the pacific just past forster back in january at about 9.00pm, and i had THREE trucks each side of me... i was crapping my pants let me tell you...

xoom bill reckons he cant come cos of work... i reckon we should do something to get him fired, then he may as well just come :ph34r:

it wont be the same without the fastest sportivo in australia coming up with us...

Fella's...

This looks like it can gear up to be an awesome event.

Just PM myself, SB or any of the other Brissy peeps if you need us to help from this end...

Cheers

Aaron

Sorry to say this guys, but looks like I'm out...

I've got some pretty serious work to get done in the coming months and cannot afford the time.

I'd also rather go up for a week and include the drag day in the program. I can't see the point in just going up for the 1 thing.

Sorry again guys.

Maybe another time...