Front Indicator Foglights (USA Style)

What I want to do is have my front indicators light up constantly with my headlights on and blink when I indicate to turn. Many USA vehicles have this set up.

In my old car I just reversed my parkers and indicators around since they were in the same unit and the parkers were not in the headlight. Anyway it lookes awsome on dark coloured cars, so id love to do it to my 2005 stivo.

The closest DIY I can find on the net is as follows were the owner is trying to light up the bumper indicators. But the problem is that his corner signals already light up and blink when turning (USA Honda Legend) which is how he hooked up his install.

http://24.96.59.129:8080/LEGENDtuner/upgra...bumperfogs.html

Does any1 out there know how to do this mod on a corolla, or heard of a simular DIY on another vehicle.

Edited by ZAV

i dunno how legal that would be here...

im not sure how this would work, but as far as i know an indicator works with a relay switch... the signal is sent to the relay, which turns it on, then another signal is sent to turn it off, etc etc... so you could just wire it up so the indicator circuit is constantly on, and then when you hit the indicators, the relay is putting out the same signals, but they are just reversed... or something... either way it will take a fair bit of solid and careful and complicated wiring to do it, but im sure it could be done...

im guessing out of my ***** here, but it makes sense that this is how an indicator works... of course you should read up on how they work, and then just work out a way to reverse the flash... easy hey :P

it would be very simple for an auto elec or if your handy yourslelf...

i used to have a mate who was an auto elec who did this on my old ef fairmont... all he did was use a relay that he wired to the indicator and then just ran power direct from the battery... and presto it took him about an hour all up and that even included a little switch hidden in the glove box to turn them off if i required.

Those other cars have a secondary set which is permanently on, but not the actual main indicators such as they do in North America.

But speak to any sparky and they'll set you straight.

Pretty certain it's defectable in Australia for having these sort of lights. The cars you mentioned do no have this...

yeah i have to agree

Pretty certain it's defectable in Australia for having these sort of lights. The cars you mentioned do no have this...

Blue_Stivo all I know is that those cars definentely do have orange lights as parkers instead of white/clear, whether they indicate or not i'm not sure, but i like the USA style effect. Have a closer look when you see one, the Volvo also has them on the side of the front and rear bumper. So I dont think orange is illegal its just using your indicators and not being factory which is illegal, but I never got picked up on my old car and i had it for 3 years.

Anyway in my old car I swapped by indicator and parker around so the the indicator was permenatley illuminated while I replace the parker with an orange globe and it looked mad.

But I cant do this with the Rolla so I need the indicator and parker (orange) as the same globe.

is this what you're trying to do? or do you want it to stay on when Not signaling?

JeremysCar2072.jpg

Thats it, i want it to turn on with my parkers or foglights, and blink when indicating. Do u know how to do this mod?

i would be guessing here but you would have to connect a wire throught to your indicator wiring. So cut and solder it to join. and it should work.

The lights that you are talking about on the european cars are like that because of their low visibility in winter, they made it a law years and years ago. The lights are not indicators they are secondary parkers and they do not indicate....If you were to do this, they would defect you...

The lights that you are talking about on the european cars are like that because of their low visibility in winter, they made it a law years and years ago. The lights are not indicators they are secondary parkers and they do not indicate....If you were to do this, they would defect you...

cops would take interest in this???

From my understanding of what ZAV wants to do, it would be like driving with your hazzards on the whole time but they wouldnt be blinking.....so im pretty sure the boys in blue would take an interest

From my understanding of what ZAV wants to do, it would be like driving with your hazzards on the whole time but they wouldnt be blinking.....so im pretty sure the boys in blue would take an interest

I just think it wouldnt pass inspection when it comes to rego.

I just think it wouldnt pass inspection when it comes to rego.

We dont have annual RWC down here in Victoria. We just get a RWC when buying a car and thats it. But also corzza those altezza lights you have a defect too since they are not ADR approved.

But yeah I'm not saying it is legal. I am just saying that they will look like orange parkers (which in some factory cars is legal in oz), and its not something i'm likely to get pulled over for, since I have had a simular set-up in my old car for 3 years. Anyway I'll prob hook it up to my fog lights so I can turn it off when I want. If I get pulled over for it I'll just disconect it if I get a canary, then put it back on later.