[QLD] Changing registration from Interstate

I was wondering if anyone would be able to share their experiences with changing over the rego of their car from interstate to QLD. I understand that you need to get a Safety Certificate/RWC for your car but was wondering if having things like a Cold Air Intake affect the Safety Certificate or not.

Also how much does it roughly cost? I understand that it's about $250 for rego for 12months, plus there is also duty that needs to be paid for the car and also the cost of a RWC (how much do they cost?)

Thanks in advance for your advice.

you will just need a road worthy, they wont care about mods like CAI etc as long as it passes road worthy thats all the QLD Dept of Transport will care about, RWC will be bout $50 or so.

the last time I changed an interstate rego to QLD it cost about $500-600 for a 4cyl with 12 months rego.

You need to get safety certificate, CTP and the registration. QLD Transport will take your NSW plates and print you a letter that you send to NSW Dept of Transport to get a refund on your NSW rego.

hmm maybe i should look into getting a RWC for my car.. i have to change the rego over soon *waves goodbye to HDACHE plates*

i never had to provide a RWC for when i changed from QLD to VIC tho... they didnt even look at the car... i thought Vic would have been stricter than Qld