2009 40 series Presara fuel economy..

Hi guys,

Few days ago I drove my 40 series Presara from Yeppoon ( Rockhampton Coast) to Brisbane..

Useing 95 Ron fuel, achieved 7.5 ltrs per hundred for a large portion of the drive..

At one point got 593..klms for a half tank..

Driving mostly at 100kph or just under.. tyres at 40psi and virtually no extra weight in the car..used cruise control most of the way..

I'm very impressed still with the economy that can can be achieved with this V6 car that's 14 years old..😁👍

• Like 2

Hi Mike, yes that is great economy, I don't do many long drives anymore but love to take my beautiful wife on a cruise to our favourite sea side place. As most of our driving is at 50Kph it is good to let our "Faye" run at 80-100Kph as it takes it from 10-11 plus litres per 100K down to 9.5 on the last run. As we are in the same place with our beauties at 14 years old it is still a real pleasure and delight to have them run so wonderfully.

Keep safe Kate

KAA

• Like 1

Go Big Mike !

That's an awesome set of figures. It pays to have a well maintained car such as yours and the ability to drive it correctly. Mechanical sympathy and a controlled right foot can be rewarding.

20 hours ago, Bigmike62 said:

I'm very impressed still with the economy that can can be achieved with this V6 car that's 14 years old.

You are so right. This is one of the main reasons I'm keeping my Aurion long term. It's one of the best cars ever made.

• Like 1

Hi Guys, So my beloved and I went for a date at our favourite lakes area only 80Kph zone, but got this economy figures started out at 11.5L per 100 and was at 8.5L until back in 50Kph zone

KAA

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KAA said:

Hi Guys, So my beloved and I went for a date at our favourite lakes area only 80Kph zone, but got this economy figures started out at 11.5L per 100 and was at 8.5L until back in 50Kph zone

KAA

Hey Rob, I really dig how you love birds are still so romantic. I lost mojo ages ago. Not sure what happened, but having a child and running a house etc killed the romance for me. I envy you guys.

To the Aurion. It's the stop/start idling time that kills the economy. Once you're away and maintain a steady flow, the engine really comes into it's own. Long highway runs are ideal and if you pot around town and are lucky to get all the green lights, you can still salvage a decent economy number.

On the rare occasion that I drive our Aurion, I try to challenge myself each time to see how good I can get it, despite it being around town.

• Like 2

Hi Tony. Well it is easy for us to still be so much on love we are lucky to best friends in all things as well as husband and wife. I do try and make a point of taking my lady out even just for a drive to somewhere beautiful. That is easy here on the Central Coast as we have lakes as well as some stunning beaches, the Hunter Valley and some lovely natural bush areas or sometimes we just find a spot and count the container ships sitting off shore, or I just leave a note saying I love You it is the unexpected that means the most mate. 

KAA

• Like 2