Where to buy an Injen CAI ?

ive been searching around for CAIs and the cheapest thing ive found is the shift CAI for $300, then its about $350 for an AEM and nothing under $400 for injen... TRD will cost you around the $500 mark too...

I just spent the last couple of hours doing a diy cai...

Got a 3" to 2.5" reducer + 3" flex pipe. Cut the existing intake feed and stuck this one on.

Woah... what a difference it makes, intake sound is noticeably louder from 3000rpm upwards and throttle response is noticably faster. :D :D :D

Total cost: $40

MY DIY CAI

Got a 3" to 2.5" reducer + 3" flex pipe. Cut the existing intake feed and stuck this one on.

Woah... what a difference it makes, intake sound is noticeably louder from 3000rpm upwards and throttle response is noticably faster. :D :D :D

MY DIY CAI

So did you keep your existing box?

MY DIY CAI

It's a great job well done :)

That's the way i want to do mine too, so did you bypass the white box on top of the fog light cover?

Can you tell me what material to buy please? Thanks :)

ask bigbum for goodness sake im pretty sure its cheaper than 420 aud its lyk 350 at ur door

I know a source from the USA who can get one to your door for roughly $AUS375.

Part Number: INJEN-CAI-RD2081 (Polished)

MY DIY CAI

That's the way i want to do mine too, so did you bypass the white box on top of the fog light cover?

Mine's pre facelift, I didn't notice any white box on top of the fog light cover. The flexi pipe just sucks air from within that front chamber.

Flexi pipe can be bought from clark rubber, and 3" to 2.5" reducer at supercheap auto or ebay. You also need something to join the flexi pipe to the reducer - I used a pvc gutter down pipe extender that I had lying around in the backyard. If you can get a 2.5" diameter 90 elbow it would make installation a lot easier rather than using the existing intake and cutting it like I have.

Big bum, thanks... will ask you about your source once I crave for more power...

MY DIY CAI

Mine's pre facelift, I didn't notice any white box on top of the fog light cover. The flexi pipe just sucks air from within that front chamber.

Flexi pipe can be bought from clark rubber, and 3" to 2.5" reducer at supercheap auto or ebay. You also need something to join the flexi pipe to the reducer - I used a pvc gutter down pipe extender that I had lying around in the backyard. If you can get a 2.5" diameter 90 elbow it would make installation a lot easier rather than using the existing intake and cutting it like I have.

Big bum, thanks... will ask you about your source once I crave for more power...

Thanks Bit Racer,

Mine's the pre facelift too, the white box is under metal plate that sit under the battery....But since you have connect the pipe directly to the airbox, then you would had by pass it already....

Thanks for the info :)

I won' tbe doing that DIY intake mod if your car is a sportivo. I assume you remove the panel fitler which leaves no filteration as the flap door on the lower box opens for short-ram effect at around 4000rpm (or maybe 6000rpm, I forgot).

Always ;)

You wanna do it right, cheap, is to hook up flexible pipe onto the white pipe inside the top airbox. You need to cut the trumpet bit of the white pipe though. Finish it with solid piping and lead it down behind the bumper where you finally put in the pod.

I wish i got time to do this DIY mod, even though I got CAI, this mod seems to be fun to do.

Mr Poignant hahahahahaha.

What would we do without you man. Always thinking outside of the square. Bah, I think CAI is still the go. You've got your AEM anyway man. It's just good to see someone DIYing for a change. Show pics of your DIY intake man before you got the AEM heehee.

yeah, so Bit Racer must have a sportivo. I won't be doing that DIY cold air intake mod if the panel filter is not used.

I am using the panel filter in the air box which I'll probably change to a k&n or trd later on. The main objective was to replace that dicky factory intake feed which goes to 1" diameter in one section of the intake.

The induction noise from the box can be heard - not as loud as a aftermarket cai but very noticeable when reving high and definitely when in lift.

I guess this combined with 98 octane fuel and an ecu reset I'm really feeling a big difference in performance.