Oil cooler line

Henstepper

How can i tell if my AURION has the rubber or metal cooler line? I cant see it properly even if a torch. Bulletin AHG56. If it hasnt been done on my vehicle how do i book to get it fixed for free? Will toyota come to the party?

Hi Steve the best way is get it to a mechanic they can check all the oil cooler lines, as far as Toyota's recall on them I would suggest contacting your local dealers to see if they will still come to the party on replacing them under the recall. Sadly though I have a feeling they won't anymore mate so it may be the case you will have to have them done at your own expense. Lets hope you have a good dealer in your area mate, all the best let us know how you get on,

KAA

• 2 weeks later...

i rang toyota and they said it had been done on my car. I had a look for myself and can see the metal upgrade. Load off my mind. I am pretty sure the vvt oil line has been done as well. it looks metal however there is a bend hidden behind a panel you cant see

Hi Steve, That's great news knowing the oil lines have been done, I am only guessing but if they did the metal upgrade on one I would be think they did both mate. Next time your getting it serviced just ask the mechanic to check the VVT.

Thanks for the update Steve

KAA

7 hours ago, Henstepper said:

i rang toyota and they said it had been done on my car. I had a look for myself and can see the metal upgrade. Load off my mind. I am pretty sure the vvt oil line has been done as well. it looks metal however there is a bend hidden behind a panel you cant see

With the VVTI one if it is rubber you can see the rubber just before it goes into the hole if I remember correctly. So if theres no rubber visible I think you're in the clear.

• Like 1