Trd engine removal

Hi like to say hi to everyone my son bought a 07 trd aurion and came home on tow truck one night with the worst case of blow by ive ever seen to what I've finally found on YouTube that the 3rd cat could block causing major pressure build up so I've taken the third cat off and yes it was stuffed so just like to ask which way to get motor out have bought a full rebuild kit for it as I have now purchased the car from my son thanks

• Like 1

Hi Allan, I would suggest looking at all the videos you can on engine removal. I have never tackled it myself so can't comment first hand however we do have a YouTube guy we all seem to enjoy who is a Toyota and Lexus Master Tech and has some great videos on the 2 GR-FE V6 engines on his site.

This is one he does on the 2 GR -FE V6 engine he is called The Car Care Nut

so check it out see if he can guide you and i  hope something he shows will assist you mate

KAA

OK thank you very much yea I've seen him on YouTube he is very good ive seen them take a 2grfe out of an Avalon from up the top and left the transmission in the car so I'm just about ready to pull it out and see 

2 hours ago, ebay king said:

OK thank you very much yea I've seen him on YouTube he is very good ive seen them take a 2grfe out of an Avalon from up the top and left the transmission in the car so I'm just about ready to pull it out and see 

I will be interested to hear how things go with the engine removal. Something that is beyond my DIY capabilities and willingness in my elderly years.

My main concern would be disconnecting all of the wiring and not missing anything.

Sure that there will be lots of learnings with tips and tricks along the way.

Yeh it's been a long time between drinks for me as well last one I ever did was a 327 chev I had in an old 71 Hg Holden but the prices people are charging these days and my son had already bought the rebuild kit all I have to get is timing chain kit and water pump everything else is there plus there is so many gaskets and seals in the kit im going to try and replace everything it's a shame about the 3rd cat getting blocked I only found that out on YouTube was a bloke on there with the same trd supercharged aurion and he went through 4 motors in 12mths until toyota themselves found what was causing the damage I think they should be replacing the engine should maybe of been a recall

Yeh well I was wondering what happened as it hard the worst case of blow by was coming out of everywhere oip pouring out the throttle body that's what my son said he was being silly and was reving it hard driving like a manual just hope the bore is OK