Effects of Nail Polish remover on car paint

Oooooo paint stripper (obviously lmao)

Brake fluid can do that as well...

ummm...pretty much anything that is acidic to the point that it is designed to de-materialise a hardy substance. I know metho and turps takes the clear coat away lol

oooo chompies is in the house...melbournes champion car detailer...he'll know

comments chomps?

Edited by bADbOYz

on a 40 degree day some one spilt a can of coke on our tx3.......................after 1 day it became part of the paint and after 2 weeks started rusting those spots ( even thought it initially had been washed off already)................i cant imagine what nail polish remover would do.................eventually 3 panels of the car had to be stripped and re-pained cause the rust was growing............so ppl dont drink coke next ur beautiful cars and if u do spill it clean it before it dries...........dont think oh i'll just wash it off tomorrow cause it would save u so much more money if u do it straight away. :(

on a 40 degree day some one spilt a can of coke on our tx3.......................after 1 day it became part of the paint and after 2 weeks started rusting those spots ( even thought it initially had been washed off already)................i cant imagine what nail polish remover would do.................eventually 3 panels of the car had to be stripped and re-pained cause the rust was growing............so ppl dont drink coke next ur beautiful cars and if u do spill it clean it before it dries...........dont think oh i'll just wash it off tomorrow cause it would save u so much more money if u do it straight away. :(

Oh wow....I knew Coke is very acid...but didn't know it can do such a damage.....i'd better quit Coke.....if it can rust the car, imagine what it can do to your stomach......

I had someone spill some coke on my last car before, but lucky it was raining that night....

Fact:

Truck mechanics use Diet Coke to soak bearings and other parts. Diet Coke is more acidic due to Asulphame and Ace K used (sweetener).

Lol...go on a diet! Drink diet coke and liquify your insides! *thumbs up*

way cooler!!!

what about the urban myth of cops using coke to clean blood off the road after an accident... load of crap i say!

The cops would be too busy drinking it...I agree...crap lol

Went thru the proper channels first time, didnt work.

Left it alone thinking its better to ignore them, so they did it again 6 months later.

Revenge is sweet, but ill sit on the idea for a while before acting.

Left it alone thinking its better to ignore them, so they did it again 6 months later.

So what actually do you want to do? Do you want to remove touch up paint etc.?

If it's not a big spot, try polish it off bit by bit...it takes long, but it shouldn't damage your clear coat, and just removing anything above the it.

Methinks someone has a mean steak...