NRMA ARE BEING GHEY...

Oh no that's not the issue with me. What's more the issue is that I don't want any aftermarket mods to 'void' my insurance. NRMA are just silly. They'll void your insurance even if you have your cupholders arranged the wrong way.

Generally Romp, If you list your mods with your Insurance Company and they accept them, then you will normally get either the agreed or market value (depending on your policy) plus the value of your mods.

ie, if you had your Sportivo insured for agreed value, say $30,000 including mods, then they will usually pay out this amount.

Hey any of you tried QBE ? I am with Western QBE and they where the cheapest I found (ALOT cheaper than RAC) Not sure what they are like with mods though :/ I guess I will find out when I cross that path !!

just cars are the worst in my case, the wanted 5000/yr for are value of 24000, told them to go f.....k them selfs, this is for are $50k+ car, so anyone know any other that insurer that will insure for a agreed value

i reckon thats 99% of claims where the car is according to the policy and listed mods...

either way they are crap

time to change ;)

... $2540 with justcar...

... around $3000 with NRMA... being young is lame.

dennis had the same issue with NRMA ...

but he told them he was dropping to 35 mm ... so they said they couldnt insure it ...

im with AAMI .. and they have never done wrong ....

not sure who dennis is with now ..

here it is:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5510

i am with AAMI now

Hey any of you tried QBE ? I am with Western QBE and they where the cheapest I found (ALOT cheaper than RAC) Not sure what they are like with mods though :/ I guess I will find out when I cross that path !!

QBE expect the car to be stock, they are not very Mod friendly :(

Sorry guys, i am just a bit confuse.....about the 100mm part, is it refer to the Ground Clearance? If so, how do you measure? Say my asscent does not have any body kit, so it should be ok for me to get Coilover, isn't it?

Hell yes. The lowest point on our cars is the rail or steering arms I think? 100mm ground clearance is the lowest you can go legally man yeah. Being 100mm off the ground sets up the car perfectly (steering arms in horizontal position). So get those coilovers in and prepare to make yourself ill as you go around corners twice as fast as you were before lol.

im with RACWA, they are the best for mods, they will insure anything without change in your premium or excess if its legal

: )

im paying 1050 for my car, 40% NCB, no accidents for 3 years, my renewal coming up in june sometime so its gonna drop even more!!

i love rac, they've gotten me outta the s.h.i.t hole about 4 times already!

the way I look at it...

AAMI - feel like I'm supporting the Crows

GIO - feel like I'm supporting the Swans

it's lose - lose as far as I'm concerned... :P

Good news ... QBE sponsor the mighty Swannies, Suncorp/GIO sponsor the Wallabies. B)

I find it strange that you all have problems with NRMA. I have my car modified & I have all the modifications listed on my NRMA premium. They advised me that if the car is within RTA guidelines then they will insure it. I asked them if the limit was 30mm for lowering & they said no. They even covered my wheels for 3k & my exhaust for 1K & it didn't affect the cost of the premium. I'm aware of the issues Dennis had but maybe because I'm over thirty & I get treated a little different.

Also, NRMA have scraped the policy they had with No Choice of Repairer due to backlash from the industry & consumers. You can now take the car to were ever you want. I think that NRMA are desperate for customers at the moment because so many people left them.

I find it strange that you all have problems with NRMA. I have my car modified & I have all the modifications listed on my NRMA premium. They advised me that if the car is within RTA guidelines then they will insure it. I asked them if the limit was 30mm for lowering & they said no. They even covered my wheels for 3k & my exhaust for 1K & it didn't affect the cost of the premium. I'm aware of the issues Dennis had but maybe because I'm over thirty & I get treated a little different.

Also, NRMA have scraped the policy they had with No Choice of Repairer due to backlash from the industry & consumers. You can now take the car to were ever you want. I think that NRMA are desperate for customers at the moment because so many people left them.

If they're desperate for customers why did they treat me like sh!t even though my father has been with them for 25 years? I tried everything man...I actually begged and pleaded (who does that with adjusting a policy??? lol) but they still said, 'No...car is lower than 30mm? No insurance.'

That's a real good way to treat policy holders. Didn't sound like they were desperate for me. Could be that you're over 30 though mate.

The bottom line for me is though I got treated like a piece of toilet paper. They can get farked lol.

Only reason I'm asking is I'm with them and about to give them the shaft because having the car lowered more than 30mm from factory ride height voids any claim with them

wow, insurance sucks on your side of the tasman, over here the only way that insurance companies can deny claims is if the modifications are... "a direct and contributing factor to the accident"... what this means is that as long as you get good quality gear, and get it setup correctly(if adjustible), then they can do squat about it.

Over here, one of the things that a lot of the "boyracers" do, is all go in a group to an insurance broker, so that he can go to an insurance company and say, "I have 30 guys, all with modified cars, and they want insurance"

30 guys is a nice bit of business for the brokers, and they try to get you a really good deal.

I hope you guys find a good solution to insurance hassles.

Only reason I'm asking is I'm with them and about to give them the shaft because having the car lowered more than 30mm from factory ride height voids any claim with them

wow, insurance sucks on your side of the tasman, over here the only way that insurance companies can deny claims is if the modifications are... "a direct and contributing factor to the accident"... what this means is that as long as you get good quality gear, and get it setup correctly(if adjustible), then they can do squat about it.

Over here, one of the things that a lot of the "boyracers" do, is all go in a group to an insurance broker, so that he can go to an insurance company and say, "I have 30 guys, all with modified cars, and they want insurance"

30 guys is a nice bit of business for the brokers, and they try to get you a really good deal.

I hope you guys find a good solution to insurance hassles.

Ahhhh Dave my Kiwi Cruisin' Cuz. You're making me jealous lol. Plus you have Tana Umunga in the centers for Rugby Union...such an awesome player.

That's a good idea about the 'group insurance buy' lol. Hmmmmmmm.

You might have a good point there ... I know Suncorp works on a points system for each mod, and if you're under 25 those points are doubled, so there'll be plenty of circumstances where a 25 year old can have considerable modifications, but a 24 yr old is rejected for less.

Edited by Buddha

ergh its so ridiculous!!

but seeing as my insurance policy is in my old man's name with NRMA, i might get him to call up and see if they'll insure me with my new exhaust... otherwise, off i trundle to just car and face the extra thousand bucks...