NRMA ARE BEING GHEY...

Just a quick check...who here is lowered and insured with the NRMA?

Only reason I'm asking is I'm with them and about to give them the shaft because having the car lowered more than 30mm from factory ride height voids any claim with them (technically my insurance is voided atm even with a 35mm drop :o Although I stated it was 30mm lol).

Adding the fact that I'm about to have D2 coilovers installed completely blows NRMA out of the picture. The car's going to be lowered by 60mm from factory height with those things in it.

I'm going to Just Car. I think most of everyone here is with Just Car or AAMI anyway I think?

Anyhoo...comments?

Cheers peeps!

So if i'm going to change Coilover, i need to notify NRMA, and if not, they can refuse my claim if there was an accident?

And If i do notify them, they may refuse my insurance anyway?

Yep...void anyway. I was on the phone to the head of the Resolutions department NRMA this morning. Nothing they can do. I tried to barter with the fact that I hadn't had any infringments or driving offences in the past 2 years and that my family had been with NRMA for two decades, but they still wouldn't have a bar of it. It's like they didn't even want to keep me, like I matter f/a to them. So stuff them. AAMI and Just Car (aami subsidery) are more kind to the car enthusiast. They sometimes don't care what you do as long as it's legal and you notify them of any mods.

They'll refuse your insurance if they're already in there and you notify them. What I did was ring and tell them that the D2's were going to be installed soon and gave them an idea on the lowered drop (60mm). To be honest they wouldn't know their a55 from their elbow. They didn't even know what coilovers are. "Oh we find that the car handles better if it's just a 30mm drop." ??? WTF?? HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BODY ROLL!!! Idiots.

Edited by bADbOYz

Oh ic...thanks.....

But what if the mod is less than 30mm? but i guess any Coilover change would be more than 30mm, right? how about those adjustable one?

I've been with NRMA for 10 years...and my friend had problem with AAMI, he got his car fix twice, 1st time the colour doesn't match....2nd time, he came back with Extra Screws.....apparently AAMI only use those Cheap repairer, and you don't have any choice of repairer "Smash Repair".....

How about Suncrop? I heard that's quite cheap compare to others?

Oh ic...thanks.....

But what if the mod is less than 30mm? but i guess any Coilover change would be more than 30mm, right? how about those adjustable one?

I've been with NRMA for 10 years...and my friend had problem with AAMI, he got his car fix twice, 1st time the colour doesn't match....2nd time, he came back with Extra Screws.....apparently AAMI only use those Cheap repairer, and you don't have any choice of repairer "Smash Repair".....

How about Suncrop? I heard that's quite cheap compare to others?

NRMA don't give you a choice of repairer either man. The Coilovers are set at 60mm drop straight out of the box I think (100mm ground clearance) and they can be adjusted but if you set them up too high it just defeats the purpose of having them really. Having the car as low as legally possible lowers your centre of gravity and reduces bodyroll. AAMI at least don't screw you around with performance mods as much as NRMA. Just Car is the actual 'car enthusiast' insurace offered by AAMI though. Give them a look at. Xoom (Bill) who has his Sportivo modded from here to China is insured with them and there weren't any issues I don't think, AT ALL.

That's who I'm going with too.

Comments Bill?

I've been shopping around as my term comes up on June 21st... GIO (suncorp) gave me a good quote with me telling them all my mods and even with my driving history (2 speeding fines with a 3 month suspension for 30+km/h). Shannons was ~$500 dearer but the lady was very honest and said it would be considerably dearer for our type of car despite the mods. Just Cars came in just more then GIO. NRMA was the cheapest but that was on online quote, I haven't spoken to them on the phone... I was going to go with NRMA but now this has come up I may go with GIO, though I will give AAMI a call and try to get in on the family discount as my parents are with them too.

I've been shopping around as my term comes up on June 21st... GIO (suncorp) gave me a good quote with me telling them all my mods and even with my driving history (2 speeding fines with a 3 month suspension for 30+km/h). Shannons was ~$500 dearer but the lady was very honest and said it would be considerably dearer for our type of car despite the mods. Just Cars came in just more then GIO. NRMA was the cheapest but that was on online quote, I haven't spoken to them on the phone... I was going to go with NRMA but now this has come up I may go with GIO, though I will give AAMI a call and try to get in on the family discount as my parents are with them too.

GIO ay? Hmmmm cheers Mr. Dylan I shall give them a look into as well. NRMA = Sh!t for mods.

Ahem...BILL *BUMP* lol

NRMA does suck...

they allow 2 mods as far as i know...

i'll be changing my insurance in the next few days from NRMA to justcar. they seem to be the best option for an 18 year old with a modified car...

id recommend justcar or aami to anyone based on what all my mates have said (nearly all of them are with justcar)...

NRMA does suck...

they allow 2 mods as far as i know...

i'll be changing my insurance in the next few days from NRMA to justcar. they seem to be the best option for an 18 year old with a modified car...

id recommend justcar or aami to anyone based on what all my mates have said (nearly all of them are with justcar)...

Better option for ANYONE with a modded car by the look of it man.

Oh yes, eveyrone. Here are the 2 mods that NRMA allow

1) Wheels

2) Suspension

:o :o :o WOWWW!!!

Edited by bADbOYz

I am with NRMA and they have advised me the following:

> Car can be lowered no lower than 30mm so long as it still complies with state legislation. (ie, if the car is lowered 25mm and this reduces the ride height to 90mm, then this is not allowed).

> Wheels can be changed as long as the rim size is no greater than 1" larger than standard (ie, I can go 17")

> Exhaust can be modifed as long as it still complies with state legislation

> Cold Air Intake is allowed to be added as long as it complies with State legislation

> Exhaust manifold can be modified as long as it complies with State Legislation

NRMA have advised me that the addition of these mods will not cost me any extra on premiums or excesses as long as I have disclosed this information to them....

(BTW - I am 30yo with no claims ever....and insured for 13 years)

They still anger me. They are too picky with mods. Ride height is the one thing that I want to change on this car because even with a 35mm drop it STILL looks like a 4x4 dammit.

No point lowering it because it looks like a 4X4 though if it makes it illegal for the street.

Have you checked to see if it complies with legalities yet....if so and it does, then shop around....

No point lowering it because it looks like a 4X4 though if it makes it illegal for the street.

Have you checked to see if it complies with legalities yet....if so and it does, then shop around....

??? 100mm off the ground is the legal limit so it won't be illegal. Northy/banGn/Danz/indcent/goodboyz/bigbum, they're all running 50mm drop or more. The car looks awesome at 120mm even. There aren't MASSIVE gaps in between the guard and tyre that way also.

Im with GIO, even with windscreen protection and no claim bonus protection they are still cheaper than the rest (except some insurance brokers but ive heard bad stories). They havent had a problem with mods as long as they are legal

Thanks guys :) I think i might have to talk to NRMA before I change my coilover in the near future....if they refuse it, then it's too bad for them, they're going to loose another 10 years+ customer....

So which one is better? GIO, AAMI or Just Car?

Ahhhhahahahahahahaha nice one Dylan lol.

Could always goto Allianz if you're a Williams F1 fan lol.

In all seriousness tho I think GIO, AAMI and Just Car are the better one's thus far.

the way I look at it...

AAMI - feel like I'm supporting the Crows

GIO - feel like I'm supporting the Swans

it's lose - lose as far as I'm concerned... :P

dylan whats with all this bird talk????

> Wheels can be changed as long as the rim size is no greater than 1" larger than standard (ie, I can go 17")

its the width thats important

so with the sportivos they came out with 6inch wide

so legally we can only have a wheel fitted thats no larger than 7inch's wide (unless you get a engineers certificate)

Collingwood huh? I hear that you can't walk down any given road in collingwood without being mugged hahahaha.

guys in addition I think that your insurance is for the replacement of CAR value only and not mods.

So if your car is a write off you'll get a new rolla - stock. they wont replace installation of the mods except stereo i think

Anyone clarify?