Stock alloy wheels

azndragon168

Hi Everyone,

I've been floating around these forums but never have actually posted a topic before. I've got an 05 conquest sedan and was wondering if toyota sells just one of the stock alloy wheels...one of mine got scratched against a kerb :angry: and if so whats the cheapest price you guys know of?

and also just one more quick question, My tyres are the stock dunlop ones and at take off, i cant seem to take off a lil bit faster without the tyres slipping. should I get new rubber or is the fix more deeper than replacing the rubber?

Thanks for your help everyone.

Steve~

Welcome Steve,

i had a stock conquest once...now she's a half way house between sportivo and mystery rolla :) you could get more traction through getting springs or coilover set - depending on ur budget. The Dunlop tires are fine for grip, it's more of that 'floating' sensation you want to get rid of, because it's not getting u from a to b any faster. Easy solution: Lovells/king/whiteline sport lows (35-40mm drop) or super lows go arounds $350 upwards including installation B) ...but then again fatter rubber will give you more traction as well - but i think the 'floaty' feeling will still be there... Danz, Bigbum...1zzfe ...anyone? :lol:

also, try the stickyied topics above the forum threads - there are links to suspension/rims/exhaust related mods and fixes there :D

Cheers

Jules

Hey thanks for the quick reply Jules. I guess i wont be modding the 'rolla until my warranty expires in oct 08 <_< hehe i guess i'll just have to live with it. But what i'm really after is a spare replacement alloy wheel as I've scratched one of mine. Any clues on where to get it the cheapest?

Thanks,

Steve

Hey thanks for the quick reply Jules. I guess i wont be modding the 'rolla until my warranty expires in oct 08 <_< hehe i guess i'll just have to live with it. But what i'm really after is a spare replacement alloy wheel as I've scratched one of mine. Any clues on where to get it the cheapest?

Thanks,

Steve

Out of curiousity did you get a 93kw or 100kw one?

Cos isnt Oct05 when the 93kw ones came out?

Thanks,

Steve

Out of curiousity did you get a 93kw or 100kw one?

Cos isnt Oct05 when the 93kw ones came out?

Hi neK,

Thats a good question. I'll have a look at when it was built..lol sorry it was built Aug 05, delivered Oct 05. silly me ^^"

Do you know why they came out with a 93kw one? how does it stack up against the 100kw one?

Edited by azndragon168

the 93kw engined corolla has an electronic throttle body, the 100kw one still uses a throttle cable system. It is the easiest way to tell ;)

sorry, but does that mean that the 93Kw is better? :unsure:

the 93kw engined corolla has an electronic throttle body, the 100kw one still uses a throttle cable system. It is the easiest way to tell ;)

sorry, but does that mean that the 93Kw is better? :unsure:

according to ONE member of this forum, yes

Hi guys.

I'm in brisbane. can someone please recommend me a place to get my alloy wheel rim repaired? I have no idea who does this sort of thing.

Thanks very much

Steve~

I just called up Motorama and they quoted me $731 for one stock alloy wheel. OMFG!!! Rip off! and $283 for a replacement key!

Edited by azndragon168