CAI Filter Experiences and Questions

Hey GUys

I recently brought a U. Smade CAI for my car.

Just went out and did a quick measurement of the pipe and it seems to be 70mm (2.75 ")

Now ive done some searching but i cant find any clear cut answers.

Firstly are the TRD AEM and INJEN Cais 70mm or 75mm?

Secondly the filter in the corolla part sections (K+N Extreme 3900 POD Filter - RX-3900-1) says it has a 3" flange or 75mm.

So im guessing that one wont fit.

Can anyone give me an idea on what filter to get. Lookign to spend $140 max. Was thinking ITG but cant ifnd where to get them or maybe the TRD one if it will fit.

Thanks

Bill

Hey GUys

I recently brought a U. Smade CAI for my car.

Just went out and did a quick measurement of the pipe and it seems to be 70mm (2.75 ")

Now ive done some searching but i cant find any clear cut answers.

Firstly are the TRD AEM and INJEN Cais 70mm or 75mm?

Secondly the filter in the corolla part sections (K+N Extreme 3900 POD Filter - RX-3900-1) says it has a 3" flange or 75mm.

So im guessing that one wont fit.

Can anyone give me an idea on what filter to get. Lookign to spend $140 max. Was thinking ITG but cant ifnd where to get them or maybe the TRD one if it will fit.

Thanks

Bill

I'm hoping Blitz make something in that size for that application. banGn had a Blitz filter and the thing was awesome.

the AEM is also 70mm, I think the Injen is also.

pretty certain the TRD one is also 70mm

I've been wondering the same thing with regards to upgrading the filter, but for a questionable 1-2kw... why?

the AEM is also 70mm, I think the Injen is also.

pretty certain the TRD one is also 70mm

I've been wondering the same thing with regards to upgrading the filter, but for a questionable 1-2kw... why?

I just feel mines really dodgy and i get worried when it rains :P

Just peace of mind knwoing i have a high quality filter on there will make my day. Also mor esuction noise :P

Different for you. The AEM one i ssuposed ot be pretty good. Mine doesnt even have a brand lol

as long as its an oil-paper filter, you should be right, CAIs + dry types = mushie paper in the rain.

And if u really sunk your car into that much water that u manage to hydrolock it (its near impossible to do with out driving into a lake) then no filter, good or bad will make a difference.

Dylan can vouch for the quality of my AEM filter. Its not as good a quality as what dylans is. His has the wire support going through his, mine has the plastic support on the inside, im not too sure what the difference was between his and mine filter wise though.....

Another couple of questions does anyones filter get wet when washing the car?? If the filter does get wet what should we do?

Dylan can vouch for the quality of my AEM filter. Its not as good a quality as what dylans is. His has the wire support going through his, mine has the plastic support on the inside, im not too sure what the difference was between his and mine filter wise though.....

Another couple of questions does anyones filter get wet when washing the car?? If the filter does get wet what should we do?

That reminds me. How'd it go nikich? Hehe. It screams huh. Should scare a few people next time you race someone...

All you need now is a straight through racing pipe instead of the sportivo muffler and you'll be deafening people from here to china lmao.

Btw your car sat very nice.

Mate my hoover makes less of a sucking noise :D :lol: everyday since its been in its been getting louder and louder

Yeah it sat a little lower because apparently the old shocks didnt support the car anymore so it was basically on the stops, i put new shocks in and now it handles better and sits off the stops :)

Mate my hoover makes less of a sucking noise :D :lol: everyday since its been in its been getting louder and louder

Yeah it sat a little lower because apparently the old shocks didnt support the car anymore so it was basically on the stops, i put new shocks in and now it handles better and sits off the stops :)

Ah yes. The 'boat' effect. I had that trying to follow waiwong through the twisties. You don't have huge bodyroll anymore...how envious lol

D2's go in next week for me though. Can't wait.