Cleaning the inside of your Sportivo

CheekySportivo

Hi Guys,

Well with just over a year of ownership of my Sportivo its time for it's deep down interior clean.

I have previously cleaned the leather seats with the good ole Meguiars foam cleanser and conditioner

and this works really well.

Its time for the dash, door panels and other little bits and pieces to become super shiny.

Ive also gotta try and get rid of those yucky scuff marks from the drivers foot well and door kick panels.

Any help, thoughts and recommendations on what kind of products to use would be great!

:D

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

The Meguires foam are awesome no mess, no fuss products to use :)

both the Leather cleaner/conditioner and the plastic/dash cleaner

Totally agree Dylan....Meguiars have outdone themselves with the foam products for leather and trim :)

The Meguires foam are awesome no mess, no fuss products to use :)

both the Leather cleaner/conditioner and the plastic/dash cleaner

Totally agree Dylan....Meguiars have outdone themselves with the foam products for leather and trim :)

i just bought the meguires leather conditioner / cleaner the other day but i bought the one which rubs on like lotion. i noticed u can't put it directly on the middle part of the seats where it has those mesh like holes i had to do all the solid bits of the chairs first and try to rub the excess on the terry towel on the meshy bits ...........how good is the meguires foam leather conditioner / cleaner is that good for all parts of the seat.

take it back and see if you can change it for the foam Mish... :o :o :o :o :o :o

the cloged up bits in the seat will come out after a few cleans with the foam... I hope

i don't think i can return it i already used it.............hehheee

i'll buy the foaming one next week the car is super dooper clean at the moment............hehhee

how does the foam one work?...............can u put it on the seats directly and rub it in that way?

does it get stuck in the meshy holes?

Just follow the directions. You apply the foam then massage it in with a clean, lint free cloth. Because it is mostly air it does not clog the pores of the leather and also smooths on very evenly.

• 5 weeks later...

On the topic of cleaning the interior, i have alot of scuff marks on the inside of the door panels (near the map pockets), what can you suggest?

Edited by ar44

• 2 months later...

Meguire's plastic cleaning foam, I found it cleaned up all my scuff marks real well

Heard that works too,

but i had some metho in the garage gave it a bit of a wipe then gave it a wipe with water and all gone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

meguires for all interior purposes ; The foaming leather conditioner & the intereior dash and plastics one...works great......for tires ive found that Yuk-off works really well as it doesnt allow ne dust to stick to it post washing.....works well...spray on leave for a bit (couple mins) then wipe off...it takes off all dirt and grime and restores the "off the floor" shiny tire look......even after a week of driving up and down girlfriends 250m long dirt driveway the whole car and rims may be covered in a film of dust but actual tyre is still a glossy black.....well worth the 15 bux or so

cheers