100,000km Service whats it cost ?

Hi all

My corolla ascent is due for its 100,000km service and was wondering what roughly the price should be so I don't get taken for a ride.

100,000km and still running like its brand new.

Cheers

HEHEHE mine getting close to that ...96 550kms it should be aroud 199 bucks

but some dealer charge $ 235 :angry:

just shop around...

Hi all

My corolla ascent is due for its 100,000km service and was wondering what roughly the price should be so I don't get taken for a ride.

100,000km and still running like its brand new.

Cheers

HEHEHE mine getting close to that ...96 550kms it should be aroud 199 bucks

but some dealer charge $ 235 :angry:

just shop around...

Thanks for that,

There is only toyota service agent in my town so I would have to go to another city to get serviced else where. $200 seems very cheap for the major service.

what does it say is done at the 100K service in your manual?

is it, oil, oil/air/fuel filters, brake and clutch fluid flush, coolant flush, thermostat, gearbox oil etc

You run a timing chain so no need to do a timing belt replacement, its the labour that adds up for doing things like the fluid flush and fuel filter.

100,000km service on current model corollas is just oil and filter change and the usuall checks etc.....

expect to pay around the $230- $250 mark, all dealers do vary, shop around, but the prices are around that, thats what my work roughly charges for that service.

The 100,000km service isn't a major service for the 1zz motor (2zz requires new plugs). Its just an oil change and inspecting a lot of things (incl drive belts, radiator and hoses, exhaust, battery, fuel lines and cap, brake pads and discs, driveshaft boots steering linkage etc.) So, if you have the tools/equipment why not service it yourself? I mean at 100k its going to be leaving the warranty period, anyway. Using bits from supercheap auto you could do it for under $30. There is no extra flushing or replacing.

But if you are not confident in doing the service, have a lack of tools or space then up to $200 sounds about right if done thru a toyota dealer. Golden rule is do NOT let them do anymore than needs to be done in your service book. Consider taking to an independant mechanic (NOT a franchised chain), they typically do a better job for a low price... I took my '05 to an independant mechanic twice and had no problems; I have taken my cars to a franchised chain twice and had problems. took it to a toyota dealer once and paid nearly $400 for a 40,000km service that was not done properly. :angry:

wow thats cheap im nearly at 100,000kms too daym makes my car feel old

dont they change the timing belt and stuff?

no timing belt on a rolla, its a chain ;)

wow thats cheap im nearly at 100,000kms too daym makes my car feel old

dont they change the timing belt and stuff?

no timing belt on a rolla, its a chain ;)

That is cool. Save$$$ But how long do you need to change the timing chain? Does that cost lots more? :huh: