Morning fender bender

Hey boys. rolled my car into the back of a 4wheel drive with a tow bar this morning. there was a stop sign and i thought the car in front had already gone as there was a single car coming from the adjacent street and it was a long way away. i looked left and started rolling forward to get ready to go. When i looked back the car was still there. i hit the brake but it was too late. Smack! her tow bar sliced into my front bumper. No damage to her car so she let me go but i've got a deep gash in my front end to the left of my number plate. :( makes me want to cry when i look at my baby all bruised and battered :( :ph34r::unsure:

anyone know how much a front bumper for a current shape corolla cost?

yeh. :( what cheeses me off is that it wasn't even battle damage. it was the most stupid of all accidents. i assumed she took off and i just kept looking left to find a gap while i was rolling forward. i wasn't even off the clutch i just let gravity screw up my front end! :(

My beautiful paint! :wacko:

qkslvr sorry to hear that. if you enquire with toyota check if the part's material is FRP or ABS and please let us know for reference.

i just checked ozeparts and they have the genuine front bar for $205.

if you are fussy and want the part colour coded at japan tmc factory please let me know and i will put you in touch with someone who can organise it.

peekay, i hate calling toyota spare parts. used to call then all the time for my celica. they over price everything and you always get the shock of your life from a total stranger. I'd rather get the bad news from someone on this forum - more comforting. :D

i once called up for a price for a front left knuckle and hub assembly for an 89 celica. they wanted $570 for the front knuckle. the same part for the camry of the same year was $150. WTF? :angry:

FYI, i took the car to silverwater smash earlier and they are yet to get back to me with a quote. they gave me a ball-park figure of $700-$800 fully fitted and painted. excess is going to be that much anyway :( *Sigh*

Ok I understand and sympathise the price for Corolla genuine from a dealer is or should be is $250 front or rear plus tax. If you were in Melbourne I can get it slightly cheaper $230 or so including but since you are is Sydney sorry. I have a panel/spray painter you could have used/recommended. Bummer about the damage though is a hassle.

Yeh. it is abit of a hassle but at least i got off easy. there was no metal work damage and the fogs and headlights are untouched. the lady in the 4wheel drive had no damage, not even a scatch to the tow bar :blink: so it looks like my no-claim bonus is safe. hehe

Just in case any of you are intrested. I got a quote of $724including GST for a new front bumper, painted and fitted. :( sounds reasonable but i think i might just leave my baby as is for now. i can lower and CAI for that much. :ph34r:

oh well. :ph34r: