Lenso 17" x 7" AGS

elbowz17

Hey hey all you rolla lovers - I need some advice...

I've been shopping around for a while now to change my stock '05 Stivo's rims to something that'll make it look faster when its standing still. The Lenso AGS Racing wheel is what I've narrowed it down to (2nd prize goes to the Lenso Six Speed, and 3rd prize to the chrome finished Ryver wheel by Work.) but I'm not sure whether I should go for the 17s or 18s.

I've been quoted $1150 (inc. Tyres) for the 17"x7" and have been told that the 18"x7.5" will not fit to the '05 Stivo. I'd love to have these wheels in 18" as it makes the car look PHAT but I've been turned off by the fact that all the wheel retailers in Sydney keep telling me that the 18s don't fit my car - even though they've never tried one on.

I found these 17x7s on Ebay for under $600 without tyres ( http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-LENSO-17-...1QQcmdZViewItem ) and now I'm thinking I can do the whole job (wheels, tyres, lowering) for under $1100.

I have 2 issues:

i) what do you guys think of the rims? and

ii) do you think I should stick with the 17s, or pursue fitting 18s on?

PS: I only drive this thing on weekends...

Cheers all

SAL33M

I think the wheels looks good! I like the colour! very nice

I think you should go 18s if you only drive it on the weekends and since thats what you really want. There are a few rollas in this forums thats got 18s?...you should confirm with them.

nice wheels ;)

I think those lensos are the **** bro - go for it but in know a dude that works at JB hi fi in brisbane who installed my head unit and he regrets putting 18's on his stivo. He said the scrub heaps. I have 17's with 205/45 tyres on and kings low springs and have not managed to scrub once even when engaging in some well lets say spirited driving! Good luck :)

The rims look good man!

They got that Merc AMG feel about them.

17" is what most have on the forum. not too big and not too small. if your going for purely looks then go 18" otherwise 17's with a good drop look good and handle well!

• 2 weeks later...

elbowz17 did you end up getting these wheels?

I'm keen to see what they look like on a rolla

hey hey - sorry for the late response... I ended up buying the rims for $500 (woo hoo) and I have a mate who owns a tyre shop - so I should get some good rubber for a great price.

I'll have them fitted in 4 weeks time because I'm getting the following done at the same time:

- Rear C-one wings (I'm yet to source these),

- Face-lift eye lids (Custom-Made),

- Internal & External Neons (RED),

- Lowered springs (2-3 inch drop), and

- Finally tune my system.

I'll be at the next Sydney Cruise hopefully with everything on by then..

Cheers guys!

PS: I'll have pics posted under 'Members rides' as soon as I have completed everything...

have been told that the 18"x7.5" will not fit to the '05 Stivo

Mate 18" fit on rolla's no problem. Go 18"s

18 x 7.5 w. 215/35/R18 or 225/35/R18 tyre profile with a 50mm drop is fine. It's been done and tested. NO SCRUBBING.

Why these places keep telling everyone they don't fit is beyond me. So frustrating.