Mechanics in Victoria

I currently has a HKS air filter tobe installed into my car. But the only problem i am having now is who can do a great piping job for the filter?

I also have future plans like installing a new muffler, looking for factory cap-back. Any makes suggestions?

Edited by mariox

tekniktuning melbourne made a short ram onto apexi for a 2003 sportivo a few years ago. it wasnt cheap i saw it a few times and it looked good. from memory it was $400 just for the short pipe made from stainless steel

Where can i buy the CAI without buying the filter? I mean thats impossible. Custom tubing ofcourse will be expensive. Currently i have my eye on K&N Typhoon air filter kit. But thats about 600 dollar HERE!?

You can get an AEM CAI for $230 to your door and an Injen for $335 these are proven to give power and have got the R&D to support this, thats cheap enough in my view to toss the filter if you want and get a better one. Thats my 2 cents. K&N $600 cheez were are you getting you quotes mate?.

Edited by specialized32

Where can i buy the CAI without buying the filter? I mean thats impossible. Custom tubing ofcourse will be expensive. Currently i have my eye on K&N Typhoon air filter kit. But thats about 600 dollar HERE!?

You can get an AEM CAI for $230 to your door and an Injen for $335 these are proven to give power and have got the R&D to support this, thats cheap enough in my view to toss the filter if you want and get a better one. Thats my 2 cents. K&N $600 cheez were are you getting you quotes mate?.

cool, So what is the model name and code for the CAIs u mentioned? Thanks specialized

u sure those figures are correct???

yep thats the quote i was given by raceoptions just a few days ago (im getting the AEM 21-466 for the stivo) Injen is RD2075 deal with them outside e-bay thats why i got a good price some peops here who have bought of them and can vouch for them.....hey group buy mite even be cheaper!!! :lol: happy buying

The KN Typhoon are specially made for corolla t-sport which is the identical corolla to our spotivo here. The filters u guys mentioned are for toyota matrix over the US which is a wagon. So i am no so sure they have the identical engine bay as corolla hatches although the XRS model has the Celica engine installed.

I think KN puts more efford in doing RnDs. At least the price u paid for comes with a Drychargers to protects ur engine. I also checked the price from Ebay, 168 USD(220AUD) without shipping. And they come in sexy red as well!

69-8751TR.jpg69-8751TP.jpg

Edited by mariox

ur still right, these power gain stuff are very subjected to cars. Some gets good performance out of it and some gets minor performance.

I am just looking for something that is easy to get it on and run. My objectives now is to get a good tube for my HKS filter. And its aint cheap to do so...

Can i have some contacts for the shops u all always visit?? This would help alots!

ur still right, these power gain stuff are very subjected to cars. Some gets good performance out of it and some gets minor performance.

I am just looking for something that is easy to get it on and run. My objectives now is to get a good tube for my HKS filter. And its aint cheap to do so...

Can i have some contacts for the shops u all always visit?? This would help alots!

if you want something quick to get it going grab an intake off ebay and put the hks filter at the end of it... simple.

Itll cost more for u to get a custom made intake than to just buy one which has proven performance, there is nothing special about a hks pod anyways, we find that the blitz and injen filters work a lot better.