Volkswagen Polo GTI Cup Edition

2060714.008.1M.jpg

Higher power and a racing look

- Most powerful production series Polo offers not only looks, but also terrific performance and thrilling driving

A racing car feel, but licensed for the road: the Polo GTI "Cup Edition" brings the look of the junior race series Polo to the road. In the ADAC Volkswagen Polo Cup talented young drivers take it to the race circuits with 150 PS. The turbo-charged Polo GTI "Cup Edition" is more than a match for that – its 180 PS make it the most powerful production Polo of all time.

Even the 110 kW (150 PS) standard specification Polo GTI is one of the fastest small compacts. Just a few months after its launch the designers and development engineers at Volkswagen Individual have gone one further both technically and optically.

The turbocharged five-valve four-cylinder engine has had its performance boosted to produce 132 kW (180 PS) from 1.8 litres and a maximum torque of 235 newton metres, already available at 2000 rpm. That puts the Polo GTI at the top of its segment – and makes it a dynamic thrill to drive. Not surprising with a power-weight ratio of just 6.6 kilograms per PS!

This engine propels the fastest Polo of all time to a maximum speed of 225 km/h and the "Cup Edition" accelerates from a zero to 100 km/h in only 7.5 seconds.

The standard Polo GTI is already distinguishable by its looks as an emphatically muscular version, but the striking design of the "Cup Edition" goes one better: roof spoiler designed by Volkswagen Individual, front and rear skirts taken virtually straight from the ADAC Polo Cup racing car and conspicuous side sills. The "Cup Edition" lettering on the tailgate provides the conclusive evidence of it racing pedigree.

Behind the large 7.5 J x 17-inch alloys which have the "Aristo" four-spoke design, there are uprated brakes with red calipers. Together with the wide 205/40 ZR 17 tyres they provide sports car braking performance. The typical GTI interior with luxury "Interlagos" sports seats remains the same as does the extensive safety package with ESP as standard.

The Polo GTI Cup Edition is available to order now as a two or four door version in the finishes Metallic Reflex Silver, Flash Red and Black Magic Pearl Effect starting from 22.425 euros.

u like your 4 doors do you. Suppose u got the family.

Just me so 2doors my thing.

Oh the potencial of this motor is Remarkable!!

A mate of mine in SA got his golf 4 GTI R (same motor as in this polo) to 200kw+ ATW!!!

Remapped,bosseted higher, Audi RS4 Turbo, RS4 throttle bodies,Rs4 injectors. The list goes on.

its a machine!

oh all from a 1.8 20v Turbo motor (audi)

Edited by CORZZA

Actually guys this is a dud car. VW have "tuned" the engine to give it an extra 22kw and 25 NM of torque. Using this same 1.8T engine, most after market chip tunes will jump the normal 110KW 210 Nm to 140-150 kw and 280-310 Nm for MAX 1800 AUD. 22425 euros is about 37 ks AUD.

Add your on roads and your're close to 40k. I was offered a normal polo gti for 33 fully speced on road. So with that extra 7 k, you can certain end up with a more powerful and better looking beastie.

Actually guys this is a dud car. VW have "tuned" the engine to give it an extra 22kw and 25 NM of torque. Using this same 1.8T engine, most after market chip tunes will jump the normal 110KW 210 Nm to 140-150 kw and 280-310 Nm for MAX 1800 AUD. 22425 euros is about 37 ks AUD.

Add your on roads and your're close to 40k. I was offered a normal polo gti for 33 fully speced on road. So with that extra 7 k, you can certain end up with a more powerful and better looking beastie.

Spot on dude, thats the thing with Turbo's, you can mod them cheaper with aftermarket stuff than factory.

Spot on dude, thats the thing with Turbo's, you can mod them cheaper with aftermarket stuff than factory.

True, but it's always nicer to buy something and just not have to touch it.

Just look at the Zonda S, you could tune it for a bit more, but it's already nice as it is :P :lol: :D

For all who don't know that famous audi belongs to an oil sheik, the outer panels are actaully made of silver. *fact*

And i don't even want to imagine how many demons they caught and bottled to run that engine.

having said that i've emailed him my interest in his car and offered him my humble vw and a big box of tim tams in exchange =, i await his reply

VXR baby!