How Much Do You Give Your Car

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put it simply you dont buy a integra type r and dont wont to take corners hard, the engine is high revving so give it some stick whenever you want and then amen to warranty if something happens, :lol: once you get CAI and hit lift trust me you wont want to "take it easy" :lol:

Yeah the ol' 1zz loves it at 7200rpm :lol::lol::lol:

Too bad having the car tuned makes a small difference to fuel consumption, as the stock ECU leans out in the higher rpms (it shouldnt, this leads to BOOM! :P ) a properly tuned car drinks more as the foot goes down :P

I would like to cane it more than i do, but i don't really get that many opportunities where i normally drive :(

why u guys all worry bout hitting lift too often and break it, its what its for isnt it??

My brother ran by the same theory on his 89 Celica years ago. 7 engines and 5 gearboxes later he learned his lesson.

Think about how fast you can sprint. Now try and imagine doing that constantly, no more walking, no more jogging, just sprinting. You are not going to be too well by the end of it.

My brother ran by the same theory on his 89 Celica years ago. 7 engines and 5 gearboxes later he learned his lesson.

Think about how fast you can sprint. Now try and imagine doing that constantly, no more walking, no more jogging, just sprinting. You are not going to be too well by the end of it.

i agree with you mate its just logic and on my sportivo it says use premium only so thats what i do and ive been in cars that were running on premium and then reg ulp and you really notice it similar to having air con on in a car with sh itty torque like sportivo and fto etc

why u guys all worry bout hitting lift too often and break it, its what its for isnt it??

Trying to hit lift in an '89 Celica that doesn't have lift, I'm not suprised he went through so many engines :P

Trying to hit lift in an '89 Celica that doesn't have lift, I'm not suprised he went through so many engines :P

Ba-boom CHING... :lol:

I cruise in mine most of the time. If I'm out on a cruise with my mates (R32 boys) I'll use lift here and there to be cheeky and keep up with some of the more modded ones.

Any other day though? I chill. The Sportivo is a lovely cruiser as well remember...nice seats and interior ;)

In any Car - If you sit on redline all the time, it's not going to last.

At the same, I think being too gentle all the time doesn't do it much good either.

Just use your common sense.

At the same, I think being too gentle all the time doesn't do it much good either.

Always gotta blow the cobwebs out. Better for the injectors etc.

PS: When the motor is warm lol

Edited by bADbOYz

I think I proved it with two Dyno days I've been to with this car.

Dyno Day 1, after I had been driving very gently for months for fuel economy just before than run.

My readings were...

1st Run 65kw

2nd Run 68kw

3rd Run 78kw

Dyno Day 2 after I decided for the good of the car I need to drive it 'normally' :)

1st Run 78kw

2nd Run 79kw

3rd Run 80kw (It was 79.9 but I'm calling it 80:))

The results speak for themselves...

I think I proved it with two Dyno days I've been to with this car.

Dyno Day 1, after I had been driving very gently for months for fuel economy just before than run.

My readings were...

1st Run 65kw

2nd Run 68kw

3rd Run 78kw

Dyno Day 2 after I decided for the good of the car I need to drive it 'normally' :)

1st Run 78kw

2nd Run 79kw

3rd Run 80kw (It was 79.9 but I'm calling it 80:))

The results speak for themselves...

Yeahhhh. VVTi would come into play there as well man. Combination of both driving style and ECU would help teach the car better.

Interesting results though ;)

Yeah its fun to go hard in the low gears and hear the exhaust note at high RPM but once I hit the speed limit I usually chill, sit back and turn up the ICE...

A) Scared of being busted for speeding

B) Don't want to thrash the poor gal!

C) It's no rocketship anyway

I bought a car that redlines at near 9K for a reason.....

I mean, would you buy a 5000w home audio system only to listen to it with headphones....

CAIs dont come much better than that!

nah i used to drive my car alot harder... i have since toned it down a bit, but i like a good thrash everynow and then... im too like to speed though as I'm on my Ps... for 2 reasons: 1. getting caught would suck... 2. too many friends have crashed being idiots in their cars... thankfully noone has been hurt yet, but i'd hate to be the first...

I drive it hard enough that i got fined for creating undue noise! :o ITS STOCK... all i did was hit lift.... NOT HAPPY $240 later

I'd dispute that. That's how the car was manufactured. What else are you supposed to do? Not hit lift? FARK THAT.

That's like having sex, but not using your willy...what bullcrap.