New Camry Specifications

alphacool

• 3 weeks later...

Not much different to the Gen 5 2.4 Ltr....got an extra gear on Auto/ Grade logic / and EBD.

The specs seem to focused on little things ----who cares about?? cigarete lighter and ash tray , fuel cap holder ......whoopty doo! ....just a bit overated for expected equipment for my liking.

2.4 seems a bit underpowered for the mass........fuel economy better with a smaller harder working motor?......or oversized underworking motor?

Pitty it does not come out with a tricked up VVTi 2.7Ltr Hilux motor

Tho I'm interested in the 3.5Ltr V6

Thats my 2cents

Brad

hmm......

the only let down is the 4cyc engine. Why didnt they put the VVTL-i engine in? 4cyc on a 1,500kg cars not a good idea in my opinion. (imagine having a full load on the camry :lol::lol: )

well.....I reckon Toyota should put a TURBO B)

Australia always seem to have all the scraps/old components/engines with cars......thats what we get for having a smaller car market.

The mass is around 1460kgs ( the naked model ) 1495kg (sportivo) 1530kg (Grande)

NB: this is intended to be a family car....so family weights should be considered.

A quick math... lol

Does not include:

Full tank of fuel 70Ltrs ~ (70)kgs

Avg weight of 1 adult ~ 80kgs say 2 Adults (160Kgs)

Luggage (groceries/stroller) etc etc....say 15Kgs....[TOT. ~1705kgs ].....poor motor will be outa breath

For the more upmarket..........more weight is added onto the same engine *shakes his head*

...they could at least tweek the engine on the higher models..... Sportivo by looks... not by nature.

Brad

hmm......

the only let down is the 4cyc engine. Why didnt they put the VVTL-i engine in? 4cyc on a 1,500kg cars not a good idea in my opinion. (imagine having a full load on the camry :lol::lol: )

well.....I reckon Toyota should put a TURBO B)

Australia always seem to have all the scraps/old components/engines with cars......thats what we get for having a smaller car market.

The mass is around 1460kgs ( the naked model ) 1495kg (sportivo) 1530kg (Grande)

NB: this is intended to be a family car....so family weights should be considered.

A quick math... lol

Does not include:

Full tank of fuel 70Ltrs ~ (70)kgs

Avg weight of 1 adult ~ 80kgs say 2 Adults (160Kgs)

Luggage (groceries/stroller) etc etc....say 15Kgs....[TOT. ~1705kgs ].....poor motor will be outa breath

For the more upmarket..........more weight is added onto the same engine *shakes his head*

...they could at least tweek the engine on the higher models..... Sportivo by looks... not by nature.

Brad

True I think some head work, better breathing and engine management would be the go. I have had a few tweaks with mine and its a much better Torquey drive. Just being able to advance the timing gives a load more torque...poor thing would love a nice Yamaha VVTIL head. So ask toyota for a head J... :blink: