is big job??

get the driveshafts, shifter and cables. Also grab the brake and clutch master's along with the pedalbox and the line from the clutch master to the box. About ah hour or two more work in the swap.

get the driveshafts, shifter and cables. Also grab the brake and clutch master's along with the pedalbox and the line from the clutch master to the box. About ah hour or two more work in the swap.

wut about dash 2zz have lift so i need get dash as well??

wut about dash 2zz have lift so i need get dash as well??

The dash isn't required. The 1ZZ tach works with the 2ZZ ECU, and the speedo is independant of the ECU.

If you're using an aus delivered 2ZZ ECU, then I'd recommend getting the cluster, whole dash loom, ignition barrel and drivers keybarrel. The 2ZZ uses a transponder immobiliser from the key which is a pain to get around.

what's so big about the job?

It's a bloody easy swap in terms of engine swaps. Not much different to replacing a 1ZZ with a 1ZZ.

Ok let me reclarify my statement ..... Most people on here would not be doing this job themselves .... so after paying for all the parts .... add labour onto that .... and i think im 110% sure its going to cost u more than if u just bought a stivo n traded ur 1zz in ..... However if ur going to do it all urself and u have contacts in the industry to source bits n pieces cheap then i totally agree with u .....

u dont want to buy a stivo because u have so many mods on your car right now right, maybe u should put the car back to stock trade it for a stivo and put all the parts u have onto the stivo, and there u have a hot hot looking REAL stivo, and u dont have to worry about if they did a good job in swaping the engine. if u still decide to do an engine swap make sure u get all the other bits up to date as well, eg: brakes, springs, shocks

Edited by sportiyo

u dont want to buy a stivo because u have so many mods on your car right now right, maybe u should put the car back to stock trade it for a stivo and put all the parts u have onto the stivo, and there u have a hot hot looking REAL stivo, and u dont have to worry about if they did a good job in swaping the engine. if u still decide to do an engine swap make sure u get all the other bits up to date as well, eg: brakes, springs, shocks

yea i thinking put the car back to stock and trade ,

just got freind told me he work in toyota jsut got demo sportivo in stock

but some part on my car cant use anymore?]

will u guy go for celica or corolla sportivo??

Edited by waiwong38

well im not are mechanic,

well i can do it,its pissy easy to do, as they say, if u can do one motor swap then u could do any,

thats my theory

cheers

can a 2zz fit into a sedan without any reinforcement?

yes

The Stivo has a different wiring loom and computer yes? .... So what?

To change the loom you have to take the whole dash out... it's connected to the support bar that the dash in mounted to.

Is this a big job for a road car? Yes :)

well i can do it,its pissy easy to do, as they say, if u can do one motor swap then u could do any,

thats my theory

cheers

yes

You are kidding yourself...

Put a GENIII in my mates mini then

The Stivo has a different wiring loom and computer yes? .... So what?

To change the loom you have to take the whole dash out... it's connected to the support bar that the dash in mounted to.

Is this a big job for a road car? Yes :)

thats my theory

cheers

yes

You are kidding yourself...

Put a GENIII in my mates mini then

You do NOT have to change the dash loom if you use a US, JDM or powerfc ECU. And removing the whole dash doesn't take as long as you would think. I've done a lot more difficult conversions than a simple 2ZZ swap, and I'm not a mechanic.

there is no extra reinforcment required.

Edited by rollamods

Well the advatgage of buying a stivo was when it was new, at under 30K, the celica new was well over 40k.

I'm sure you can pick up earlier model celicas (2000 model) for around the same price as 2004 stivo. Just depends if you want a newer car or not.