If they can do this with a 1ZZ mate the 2ZZ will kill it

I thought on their site they say the output potential running a 1zz was higher as the 2zz was already highly tuned from factory where the 1zz wasn’t. they say the 1zz was built to last and fuel economy??

But 1zz have long stroke, show we don't have high rpm. (not a high rev engine :angry: ). So, if 1zz can tune that much, I can't see why 2zz can't?

Yeh i read through and they say 600whp is easy reable for 2zz with same mods

It shows how good the 1zz motor is.

Not to afraid of a bit of boost :P

Mate you might want to read into how the guys achieved this on their 1zz :P :P :P :P running 23psi on a stock setup .... hmmmm ..... can anyone say gernade.

what i can tell you though is the boys managed to get over 400whp out of a stock 2zz ... yes thats right stock internals ... only mods were injectors & computer + boost obviously and thats it ...... now that shows how good a 2zz motor is :P :P :P :P

Mate you might want to read into how the guys achieved this on their 1zz :P :P :P :P running 23psi on a stock setup .... hmmmm ..... can anyone say gernade.

what i can tell you though is the boys managed to get over 400whp out of a stock 2zz ... yes thats right stock internals ... only mods were injectors & computer + boost obviously and thats it ...... now that shows how good a 2zz motor is :P :P :P :P

I don't think there running a stock setup, they are running with off the shelf items. Only thing that is stock is the crank and the inlet manifold. I believe they are prolly running the 1.93L (Forged piston and sleeve) kit. I"ve been pondering about that kit for a while now :rolleyes:

Cheers

I don't think there running a stock setup, they are running with off the shelf items. Only thing that is stock is the crank and the inlet manifold. I believe they are prolly running the 1.93L (Forged piston and sleeve) kit. I"ve been pondering about that kit for a while now :rolleyes:

Cheers

Mate ive spoken to them .... yes ive rung them over in the states and asked them what the story was with their 400whp 2zz ... basically they were sick of people saying the 2zz is a weak motor and blaming it for some of the issues people have been having .... so to prove them wrong ... they got a gt-s celica popped some bigger injectors & power fc and turbo and had it running @ 11psi for about 6 months ..... Engine didnt falter once and they took it on several track days and 1/4 runs .... at that point i believe the engine was only producing 350 whp .... they then i think poped bigger injectors and ran 13.5psi and got it 2 pull over 400whp so NO stroker kit .... NO forged pistons & sleeves ... Nothing .... if you dont believe me then call them yourself .... and if u dont believe them then thats ur problem ....

But if ur talking bout the 1zz ... then yes ur 100% correct the thing is kitted up and bullet proofed like nothing else ;) ;) ;)

so 260kw ATW on 11psi?

That's more than a 3L 2jzgte makes on 14psi....

come on jason u knw about this more than i do .... im not even going to try and compare dyno figures with dyno figures .... this is on a US dyno and from wat i can tell running all that correctional calculation stuff so u knw there is no way 2 tell wat the real story is .... so no point in trying to compare it 2 something u've seen here....

but in relation to the 1zz that was testing which produced on "that" dyno over 500whp the stock internal 2zz was able to get close with 1/2 the boost and its only fair to compare those 2 as they were tested on the same dyno and thats ignoring all the other variables ....

We all know the rules when it comes to dyno numbers anyway. :D

Yeah i was referring to the 1zz only. I haven't heard anything about the 2zz one, so i'm not commenting on it. But that is indeed a surprising result i must say.

Cheers

What's a gernade? A type of girdle? They put girdles on motors? I'm confused now....

HOHOHOHOHO @ bill lol

Ok ok I'll be serious now...

I agree bill, people thought this one fella on 9thgen was crazy for running a turbo on a 2zz @ 12psi on stock internals...but 23? Eeeeepers. Even in a 1zz. Btw I think that guys 2zz turbo in the states is STILL going without any problems. Was a HASS turbo kit I think

xoom man, you are failing to mention that the 400hp figure on the 2zz was made with a GT30 - the size of the turbo that they are running kind of determines the output - these are 500hp rated turbos. No one has been able to fit a GT30 on a 1zz yet from what i know, however they are plenty of guys getting around the 340hp atw mark on stock 1zzs with larger T28s (rate around the high 300s-400hp, nowhere near GT30 size).

You think a 1zz couldnt make the same power as that 2zz if they could scam the GT30 on there? I bet with the car they put that in was chop shopped like buggery to fit it in, probly a celica yeah? Good luck getting a reliable tune on a 2zz with 15 pounds on stock internals as well, because of the high compression ratio (11.5:1 is it? Compared to the 10:1 of the 1zz), the motor is very prone to BOOM! :P

And who was it that was arguing the revability of the 1zz? I can tell you first hand that these motors take the hits guys, a stock 1zz motor can take 7600rpm (1200 rpm odd above stock fuel cut) and not break (anytime soon that is :P ) There have been reports of guys in the US accidentally revving their 1zz's to 8600rpm and not having BOOM - try running a 2zz anywhere above 8700 and something will break real soon, if not straight away...Northy? :P Obviously as well, a 1zz with a built head can go up to 8500rpm....

And yeah...Yank dyno figures are worthless, they overstate to buggery and vary alot, the numbers are just a rough indication

If you are planning to take things F/I and be adventurous there is no argument of the superiority of the 1zz over 2zz, isnt that right Bill? :lol:

2ZZ rods look like the strong 4agze rods, 1ZZ rods look like 7afe rods...

Stock for stock the 1ZZ is a better motor to turbo. With a set of aftermarket pistons ONLY in both the 1ZZ and 2ZZ, the 2ZZ is the better motor to turbo. 1ZZ really needs better rods for a sustained decent amount of power. The 2ZZ rods would need better rodbolts too as toyota rodbolts are usually the point of failure if you dont destroy the ringlands.

xoom man, you are failing to mention that the 400hp figure on the 2zz was made with a GT30 - the size of the turbo that they are running kind of determines the output - these are 500hp rated turbos. No one has been able to fit a GT30 on a 1zz yet from what i know, however they are plenty of guys getting around the 340hp atw mark on stock 1zzs with larger T28s (rate around the high 300s-400hp, nowhere near GT30 size).

You think a 1zz couldnt make the same power as that 2zz if they could scam the GT30 on there? I bet with the car they put that in was chop shopped like buggery to fit it in, probly a celica yeah? Good luck getting a reliable tune on a 2zz with 15 pounds on stock internals as well, because of the high compression ratio (11.5:1 is it? Compared to the 10:1 of the 1zz), the motor is very prone to BOOM! :P

And who was it that was arguing the revability of the 1zz? I can tell you first hand that these motors take the hits guys, a stock 1zz motor can take 7600rpm (1200 rpm odd above stock fuel cut) and not break (anytime soon that is :P ) There have been reports of guys in the US accidentally revving their 1zz's to 8600rpm and not having BOOM - try running a 2zz anywhere above 8700 and something will break real soon, if not straight away...Northy? :P Obviously as well, a 1zz with a built head can go up to 8500rpm....

And yeah...Yank dyno figures are worthless, they overstate to buggery and vary alot, the numbers are just a rough indication

If you are planning to take things F/I and be adventurous there is no argument of the superiority of the 1zz over 2zz, isnt that right Bill? :lol:

They might be using a GT30 on the 2zz but u forgot to mention they are using a GT35R on the 1zz :P :P :P re-read the link ... as for build quality ... all im gonna say is ur a physco and really asking for it if u think u can push big boost and big rpm's and not purpose build the rest of the engine .... everyone knows ur running the risk of kissing ur engine goodbye if u dont ....

regarding the 1zz vs 2zz we've been over this 1000 times before and as good the 1zz is put together its purpose is for something completely different to what the 2zz has been put together for ... the 2zz has been purpose built for what it needs to be i.e. the toyota sporty engine and i think it fits that purpose well ... now to one of my other factors i.e. enjoyment all i can say is from my experience from the 2zz u simply cant match the exitement it provides from a 1zz :P :P :P :P :P :P and if ur building ur 2zz well then its simply going to be stronger n better yet again isnt it :P :P :P :P