VW R32

OK well on my way home this afternoon, this puppy rocked up next to me at one of the traffic lights with signage all over it! Must have just arrived in the country!

A ll i felt like doing was sinking into my seat when the driver started revving it up to take of like a Boeing 747 at the sight of green! :o :o

this car sounds amazing! Better than a V8's growl!

Unmistakable Power

Hold tight. Prepare to be taken to new levels of excitement. Prepare to be a contender. Inspired by the technology and temperament of motor sport, the R32 is designed to excite at first glance and perform beyond expectation. This phenomenal performance vehicle delivers all the dynamic handling and excitement you’d expect from the fastest-ever Golf - and then some…

Cast your eyes across the powerful form of the new Golf R32 and you realise this is an adrenalin factory. The high performance character of the new Golf R32 is clearly visible. Its distinctive brushed aluminium radiator grille and exclusive R32 badge announce that this is a very special Golf – the ultimate golf.

The visual cues of the new Golf’s bodyline are accentuated by the elegantly designed deep front and rear roof spoilers, front lower air intakes, and 20mm lowered sports suspension. The unique rear bumper with centrally mounted chrome twin exhaust tailpipes and huge 18 inch ‘Zolder’ alloy wheels hint at the R32’s performance prowess.

Inner Beauty

The sheer beauty of the Golf R32’s interior will impress from the moment you slide into the luxurious leather sports seats. The comfort and elegance of the interior design is expressed in every detail – from the dual zone climate control air conditioning with dust and pollen filter to the distinctive silver instrument surrounds and the unique ‘engine spin’ decorative inserts in the dashboard, centre console and doors. The new Golf R32 is also beautifully spacious - available as either a three or five door with 60/40 split folding rear seats, your comfort, is the R32’s pleasure.

OPTIONAL SEATS Innate Strength

Inspired by the temperament and technology of motorsport, the innate power of the new Golf R32 is immediately palpable. A comprehensively equipped interior boasts deep front leather sport seats with lumbar and height adjustment, designed to hold you firmly in place when you’re putting the ultimate Golf through its paces. The full-bodied interior styling bears all the hallmarks of a thoroughbred that’s born to perform. The race-inspired aluminium foot pedals with distinctive ‘R’ logo, gear knob, leather gaiter and handbrake grip conspire to imply the performance instincts of the fastest ever Golf. The leather trimmed three-spoke steering wheel delivers audio and multi-function computer controls to your fingertips while a ten-speaker sound package with a six disc CD changer ensures a truly exhilarating audio experience.

Formidable Performance

Beneath the deceptively refined exterior of the R32 beats the heart of an elite athlete. The new Golf R32’s exceptional 3.2 litre V6 performance engine, delivers a formidable 184kW at 6,300rpm of power and a hefty 320Nm of torque at 2,500 – 3,000rpm.

The Golf R32 is a true sprinter. Coupled with a slick 6-speed manual transmission, the V6 engine takes the R32 from 0-100 km/h in a stunning 6.5 seconds. The R32 can also be equipped with the optional 6-speed Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG), which allows super-swift gear changes achieving 0-100km/h in just 6.2 seconds. For peak drive performance and agility, the chassis has been lowered by 20mm and the dampers and springs customised to the needs of the high-performance driver. Extended sills and the sleek design of the front and rear apron ensure optimal aerodynamics and road-holding so you can experience the exhilarating performance dynamics of the R32 with complete confidence.

The R32 is also equipped with Volkswagen’s sophisticated 4MOTION all-wheel-drive system, ensuring all four wheels fully deliver the R32’s power to the bitumen for greater traction, improved safety and added driving pleasure.

Fiercely Protective

The R32’s elegance and sophistication extends to its uncompromising safety features. Front and rear crumple zones and an impact-resisting passenger safety cell deliver optimal safety for you and your passengers. The laser welded, fully galvanised body provides an exceptionally rigid body construction, while a 12-year anti-corrosion perforation warranty and sophisticated self-monitoring alarm system ensure enduring peace of mind.

The generous airbag system for both front and rear passengers and the three-point seat belts with pre-tensioners and belt-force limiters have earned the Golf R32 a five star Euro NCAP safety rating in the front and side impact category.

In addition, the new Golf R32 is equipped with a comprehensive suite of active safety features. Anti-Slip Regulation (ASR) helps prevent wheel spin in slippery conditions, an Electronic Stabilisation Program (ESP) reacts to critical driving situations in milliseconds by controlling the speed of individual wheels, and a confidence inspiring Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) helps to prevent wheels from locking under heavy braking. With the addition of Brake Assist, which boosts brake pressure in emergency braking situations and the state-of-the-art Electronic Brake-pressure Distribution (EBD), the new Golf R32 is one of the safest cars on the road.

R32_03l.jpg

R32_02l.jpg

R32_11l.jpg

R32_04L.jpg

R32_06l.jpg

R32_01l.jpg

R32_18l.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just knew some fool with a stivo would chime in on the action with the implication that a stivo could take one of these things on.

The stivo is a nice ENTRY LEVEL performance hatch, wake up and smell reality.

I'll just sit back and wait for the dreamers to enter the fray now.

wish our stivos came in those bucket seats..

gotta cop this cr*p as*s leather crissing n sh*t :angry:

My Sentiments exactly! Those seats belong in a Stivo.

The R32 is the nicest golf, the power is efortless aswell. You dont have to work it hard to get good numbers.

Oh and Negatron, im sure Northy was just kiddin round :)

Edited by Strawberryface

lol! yeah man a stivo modded to the hilt N/A would still have trouble against this baby!!

In SA its cheaper than here, well most Euro cars are. but yeah the factory is in SA

mate give me one at a set of lights, id still go them, we are comparing a 30K car to a 50K car, a stivo with 20K of performance mods would kill one tho :P

and a R32 with 20k worth of performance mods woould be untouchable northy come on mate!

50k cos its got all sorts of extra luxury & its a refined machine!

The auto is faster then the manual? :blink:

Coupled with a slick 6-speed manual transmission, the V6 engine takes the R32 from 0-100 km/h in a stunning 6.5 seconds. The R32 can also be equipped with the optional 6-speed Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG), which allows super-swift gear changes achieving 0-100km/h in just 6.2 seconds.

Gotta go get myself a DSG upgrade! :P :lol: wonder if theres any at the wreckers already :lol::lol:

why would u need a PFC to beat it?

if you actually read my post you would see that i said nothing about needing a power FC to beat it, all i said is that you wont be able to hit lift in neutral at a set of lights unless you have a power FC :P

nope nope nope. i disagree golf would tear a new **** from any stivo regardless of the most modded car in this forum. the golf is a horn bag plus more than likely we'd all just sit there and enjoy the hum its engine makes..

Ahh yes, the old tuner Vs stock weapon debate! I must say, I would personally go for the stivo with $20K dumped in it just because I love that s**t every day of the week. Not smart from the banks point of view, but f**k it you only live once right :D :blink: :D

it might be faster but after 80,000kms the golf would fall apart and cost a loads to fix :P

i think in the 1st year the repair and maintenance bills will already kncok you off your feet.. :P

Words of wisdom ZEE!

mate give me one at a set of lights, id still go them, we are comparing a 30K car to a 50K car, a stivo with 20K of performance mods would kill one tho :P

and a R32 with 20k worth of performance mods woould be untouchable northy come on mate!

50k cos its got all sorts of extra luxury & its a refined machine!

Memories, I remember Iliv4-6 running one a few years back in his red devil.

There'll always be only one king of the street, and that's the GTR Skyline. This is a nice car though.

King of the street is a skyline?

*pfffttt*

I took one on the other day, fool kept coming back for re runs and still kept loosing, beat him 6/6 runs.

And not a single time did i have to hit max boost.

See the fool's riced up ride

The R32 is hot so very hot!!!

i was looking at the VW site this morning at work looking at the R32, then this arvo im reading the Forum and we are discussing it!!! coincidence or something more???

if i didnt have to pay this mortage i would definately have one!!!!

peace

mw

There'll always be only one king of the street, and that's the GTR Skyline. This is a nice car though.

King of the street is a skyline?

*pfffttt*

I took one on the other day, fool kept coming back for re runs and still kept loosing, beat him 6/6 runs.

And not a single time did i have to hit max boost.

See the fool's riced up ride

'GTR' skyline. Doubt very much you would have done one of those. They can be tuned up to 1000hp atw easily if you have the money.

The GTR skyline IS the king of the street. It even gives Ferrari's and Lambo's a run, and half the time shatters them. GTS-t skylines? They are fun to drive. The GTR is a completely different car though. Pour $5000 into the engine bay of a GTR and you'll own everyone.

That is pretty funny beating a Skyline though hahaha.