Bridgestone Potenza RE070 or Azenis RT615

ZEEROLLA

Hi guys just asking for opinions on these 2 tyres.. both ultra high performance tyres. Would prefer to go Bridgestone RE070, OEM tyre on STI. Was told they can last up to 50,000kms on the street.

Anyone got prices on them and knows which would last longer? Performance i gather they are both very similar. Also do they come in the size i want 215/45 R18. I'll be ringing around soon but just want some opinions from people here.

Cheers,

Z

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Thanks Dylan, i think the Brdgestone RE070 is out of equation because they only come in 17inch size 225/45 for the STI. So that would mean i need new wheels if i really wanted those tyres which are $360 each brand new.

Anybody used the Falkens before? Some say they are noisy and don't last. Hmm guess i either have to stick with my RE050A which are not shabby ultra high performance tyres but more on the comfort side, or go with Toyo for some other options.

ok i bought 4 x Bridgestone RE070 for $700 (some call them street legal semis)! Has 95% thread on them, brand new ones would cost me nearly $1500. These are OEM tyres on the 05/06' STI and have extremely stiff sidewalls, known to many to grip even better than some semis. They are also better in the wet and quieter and have much better wear rates up to 40,000kms for street driving. In the latest MOTOR, they eve said the the STI has an edge over the EVO bcus of these tyres.

The thing is they only come in this size so i am getting myself some new 17inch rims for $600-$800. Works out the total cost is only $1600, a worth while investment imo ;)

Edited by ZEEROLLA

• 1 month later...