clio vs t-sport

i recently passed up an opportunity to go a clio sport. i had a friggin lawn mower in the boot along with petrol cans :blink:

this clio was black, lowered, tinted windows and a sports exhaust. he nailed it at the lights but i did nuffin :unsure:

No excuse :D

I once raced a ZX9 on my R6 with a huge box strapped to the back with **** in it!!!

The clio gets the Stivo off the mark and pulls away slowly until we hit lift but it is rare that we will catch up, the only race we would stand a chance against it in would be like a 0 - 200 race or something, my Ex had one and the only way I could beat her would be for me to get a perfect take off and changes and her to make a few minor mistakes. They are light as all crap and they have a snot load of torque.

just a small 2mb clip of some guys in a stivo vs a clio, slightly amusing =)

would work better if there were subtitles, what do u think the t-sport driver is saying? :lol:

Clio_vs_TS.wmv

Its interesting... he doesn't seem to nail his gear changes all that well... . then right at the end you can see the stivo starting to pull him back in again.

His very last gear change when the clio pulls him in and overtakes sounds like he messed it up a bit.... but maybe its just my ears.

I thought it sounded like he backed off, like he was sure of his win and the Clio kept gunning it so he gunned it again. At rolling starts the Stivo does VERY well against many cars, our main downfall is waiting for lift to kick in.

I watched that clip over and over again and i would say for sure it was down to the gear ratios. The Stivo started in 3rd changed to 4th before 160km/h and pulled away because the Clio's 4th gear ratio is longer, then the Stivo changed into 5th and revs dropped while the Clio was still in 4th and reeling in. That was what happened and the guy in the Stivo never backed off. Also another point to note is the slipstream where the car behind can gain easily on the car in front at certain speeds like 200km/h.

yeah i watched it over and over again.. and the stivo is just about to over take him at the end. So there u go..

and with the slipstream arent u meant to be behind the other car for it to work? not to the side of him... As the slipstream doesnt expand so far out to the sides.