stivo owner needs help!

Sorry guys this has probably been posted a million times but i cant be bothered going through all the posts till i find it!

i just brought an 05 stivo last week with 10,000 on the clock, and have already cracked it at the crappy crunching gear change under lift, seems to me like no one actually knows one hundred percent what it is, it feels like it is lack of clutch clearance, so has anyone put an after market clutch on a stivo, if u have can tell me what its like. Also i am looking for a cheap way to make more low down torque have heard that there was an ecu recall but not sure if this is my problem. should i opt for a piggy back ecu? i need more info so if anyone can help i would appreciate.

gimme an S

gimme an E

gimme an A

gimme an R

gimme a C

gimme an H

what does it spell??

SEARCH!!!!

:lol:

haha wow mikey!! u can spell !! :P

no one likes a smart****! obviously you dont have optus broadband! if i was to search it would take three days!

nobody likes a topic repeated constantly.

toyota can provide a clutch readjustment where they adjust the free play in the clutch to make it easier to shift.

otherwise, there are several options for aftermarket clutches, the most popular being exedy.

there's a button in the top right hand menu which says search, click it, type in "clutch" and it'll bring up a few topics for u to check out. otherwise click the link northy gave you

Sorry guys this has probably been posted a million times but i cant be bothered going through all the posts till i find it!

i just brought an 05 stivo last week with 10,000 on the clock, and have already cracked it at the crappy crunching gear change under lift, seems to me like no one actually knows one hundred percent what it is, it feels like it is lack of clutch clearance, so has anyone put an after market clutch on a stivo, if u have can tell me what its like. Also i am looking for a cheap way to make more low down torque have heard that there was an ecu recall but not sure if this is my problem. should i opt for a piggy back ecu? i need more info so if anyone can help i would appreciate.

here are a few topics that might help u out regarding the clutch adjustment issue.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...utch+adjustment

I have put an after market clutch in my car as well as a lightened flywheel and it did seem to sort things out as i personally think the stock clutch sucks ...... however @ the same time as get the clutch replaced i had the clutch pedal adjusted .....

Regarding the ECU recall if u have an 05 then this problem does not affect you. A piggy back on the sportivo has been found to be useless over time as the stock ecu learns around it .... ur best bet is a standalone ECU and the only one people have tried on the forum is an apexi power FC (although it aint plug & play) oh and der is only 1 workshop that has got it going .... or u can go the motec which happens 2 be plug & play but is about twice the price .....

Get urself and exhaust/extractors/CAI and u'll be happy with the results .... our forum sponsors can help u with these http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=41

Great info Xoom :)

Too bad other people cannot be a little more polite to newbies. <_<

If we want this Club to continue to grow we need to show that we are a friendly and helpful forum. A friendly link and reminder without any "RAR RAR RAR" use the search feature or any uninformative replys would go a long way.

From my experience, clutch adjustment did improve it little bit but it's still totally unacceptable. I don't know how much improvement there is if you change the clutch and what not, but you'll just have to live with the fact that the gearbox in Sportivo is utter rubbish.

From my experience, clutch adjustment did improve it little bit but it's still totally unacceptable. I don't know how much improvement there is if you change the clutch and what not, but you'll just have to live with the fact that the gearbox in Sportivo is utter rubbish.

Practice. The only issue I had was landing lift shifting 1st to 2nd (crunched sometimes), that's been covered now. You backhand shift from 1st to 2nd so that it's going slightly to the left of the gate (the gate is angled, weird). I'm landing lift in 1st 2nd 3rd 4th etc now and that's only with a clutch adjustment. Just practice quickshifting and you'll get it soon ;)

EDIT:

Yes yes Phill, less 'RA RA'

Ra ra bad lol

Edited by bADbOYz

i wouldnt say its utter rubbish. for the price of a stivo its quite a good box... i will agree the clutch can do with some work but the gearbox is fine when used correctly. i have no problems shifting when i'm trying to and i havent got a new clutch or an adjustment done.

btw u dont have to get toyota to service your car... i never have. maybe thats why mine works fine lol

Practice. The only issue I had was landing lift shifting 1st to 2nd (crunched sometimes), that's been covered now. You backhand shift from 1st to 2nd so that it's going slightly to the left of the gate (the gate is angled, weird). I'm landing lift in 1st 2nd 3rd 4th etc now and that's only with a clutch adjustment. Just practice quickshifting and you'll get it soon ;)

if u get the angle to the left correct you'll nail it everytime... even without the adjustment

since it was brought up. lol

anyone notice the floor mat makes a huge difference if its behind the clutch. im always shifting that ***** back so far that the base of the mat touches my seat. still manages to creep back under the clutch at the worst times.

ive found if your aware of pushing the clutch against the wall, then it doesnt happen 9 times out of 10. damn i hate that noice. an with the music up u cant hear it but u can feel it. ooh just as bad.

Vino

He so did give me 'rarara use the search button jabber jabber!"

thanks xoom!

no worries mate ..... ignore the kids they havent had their dose of lift 2day :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

whenever someone new comes on you tell them to search, but when a regular makes a new post about the same thing no one says anything, ive seen fuel consumption,service and oil so many times!!!

true..but when someone says this:

i cant be bothered going through all the posts till i find it!

:rolleyes: you can kinda understand why people get narky...

you'd probably learn HEAPS more if you did go through all those posts... :ph34r:

PS: welcome to TOCAU :D

Edited by Daz

since it was brought up. lol

anyone notice the floor mat makes a huge difference if its behind the clutch. im always shifting that ***** back so far that the base of the mat touches my seat. still manages to creep back under the clutch at the worst times.

ive found if your aware of pushing the clutch against the wall, then it doesnt happen 9 times out of 10. damn i hate that noice. an with the music up u cant hear it but u can feel it. ooh just as bad.

Vino

Hmmm, my parents are using like 3 layers of carpet in the driver's seat.

originals my mum cant bear to dirty

old mats from our totaled Hyundai Accent

Rubber mats my dad bought.

I'm running a stock Rolla Ascent auto and with OD off, even with the pedal all the way down, i still cant get the engine to rev above 3000rpm :blink:

The mats make that much difference?