Carmate - can they be trusted?

For small things like the rear bumper lips, they are fine but their stuff is made out of fibreglass and very prone to cracking. If you only want it to last a year or 2 you should be fine (though fitment issues have been known as fibreglass is not as flexible as plastic)

hmm..

i just want a bodykit thats different to sportivo kit or c-one?!

it suckz most kits are fibreglass...

ok which bodykits can be trusted then?

I myself dont know anyone who as purchased anything from carmate. I would rather get somthings from Toyota or C-One as there products have proven to be very high quality. Just look at how many people here have got them ;)

I myself dont know anyone who as purchased anything from carmate. I would rather get somthings from Toyota or C-One as there products have proven to be very high quality. Just look at how many people here have got them ;)

thats the thing... most people here have got either one or the other!

that f-style front looks good but i dont want problems only a couple years down the line.

carmate has warrenty on kits fitted by them anyway... hmm well ill keep thinking bout it anyway.

I'm in talks with someone currently who is about to have their corolla used as a testing ground for custom kits (PROPER kits...made out of decent materials). I'll keep you posted.

I'm probably grabbing the bomex kit next year. Painted and fitted I'd be looking @ $2,500 BUT...and I say BUT...all you have to do is look at the kit and you cream yourself instantly. Very very aggresive looking and it's made out of abs, really good stuff that flex's well. Abs is the shiznit when it comes to materials.

Note: The Supra off Fast and the Furious 1 is using a bomex kit, note that when it launches just in front of the train scene in the end, it slams on the front end. It flexes and just pops back to normal ;)

i just called up carmate...

cost 399.95 for the frontbar, another 400 for installation. 800buckz...?! the guy said to get it properly fitted on all sides at best youll get a 95% fit... in the end he actually recommended buying from toyota over getting a fibreglass kit...

make of that what you will!

i still like the f style design though... if only the carfairy could turn it into abs plastic

the guy said to get it properly fitted on all sides at best youll get a 95% fit... in the end he actually recommended buying from toyota over getting a fibreglass kit...

make of that what you will!

Sounds like he is just covering himself, or not getting your expectactions too high for the fitment of the kit.

well since the bloke works for carmate he must be familiar with any imperfections or complaints by customers so im glad he didnt decide to bullsh!t me about how well it would fit.

so yea..

carmate ? - decent guyz... less than perfect product.

Its actually a copy from C-One. Not exactly the same, but its very similar. I think the carmate one looks better if only it fit so well.

Hmmm, someone here must got that picture I did with photohop with that bodykit and intercooler...

Its actually a copy from C-One. Not exactly the same, but its very similar. I think the carmate one looks better if only it fit so well.

Hmmm, someone here must got that picture I did with photohop with that bodykit and intercooler...

Me lol

Post it up in a sec rofl

fkitturboue2.jpg

Edited by bADbOYz

holy crap that lookz nice!

hahaha if only i had a spare 800 ill get that carmate 1... but yea id b driving like my mun 2 make sure i dont hit anythin.

thought it looked familiar?!?

now i gotta look up how much that c-one front costs... anyone know already?

Edited by JJCRU23R

Personally Carmate's way of doing business is very poor to say the least. I made numerous enquiries a while ago and left a heap of emails and phone messages for somebody to contact me regarding getting a trade account with them but to this day nobody has even bothered to return any correspondance. After that I then started to hear the horror stories about quality and fitment etc and how most of their stuff is a copy of copy etc etc So in a way I'm glad they didn't respond. They've saved me a lot of trouble ;)

The only way to go with body kits etc is with the genuine article. Fits like it's supposed to and quality to match. :D

yea i guess when it comes to bodykits you gotta go the real deal.. especially since your messing round with the whole front of the car you gotta make sure thats secure?!

my brother n groomzman saw that movie at least twice... nether time was i invited hmph!

ill wait for it on dvd anyhoo :P

hold up i should ask if its already out in US... parents are in LA.. no wait should b in vegas by now

If C-one is $1100 and copy s $800, its no contest of which is to buy. Its only $300 off, and its ready to paint. Some Fibreglass product is not even ready to be paint, so extra cost on top of the kit. in the end, it cost almost the same as buying the original.