CF bonnet

It's carbon fibre man. That in itself, is expensive alone. If there are any other places that do them they'd be around the same price. I'm grabbing the c-one cf bonnet myself soon man. Thing is we'd better check if it's legal to have one first I guess rofl.

Must ring the rta tomorrow.

It's carbon fibre man. That in itself, is expensive alone. If there are any other places that do them they'd be around the same price. I'm grabbing the c-one cf bonnet myself soon man. Thing is we'd better check if it's legal to have one first I guess rofl.

haha yeh dude. where are u grabbing your one from?

btw i heard that SRS in the city tells them cheaper. Maybe go and check it out!

haha yeh dude. where are u grabbing your one from?

btw i heard that SRS in the city tells them cheaper. Maybe go and check it out!

I'm getting it through Indcent on here ;) I shall check out SRS man.

Oh yeah I'm under that assumption too ar44, but Bill the research king said he hasn't found a specific law that deems it illegal so far. Also there's a fair few people running them that have never had problems. I'll be checking it out still though.

They are, pretty sure it has something to do with crash testing, bonnets are designed to help protect the cabin by absorbing impact, etc, and carbon doesn't have the same properties.

Unless you can find someone who has engineered one?

Warning from C One regarding CF bonnet.

http://www.c-one.co.jp/C-ONEPARTS/caution_1.html

Translation from worldlingo as:

< Concerning bonnet product >

This product has produced travelling on the general public road with legal speed as prerequisite. When high-speed travelling such as circuit travelling is done, please install the bonnet pin. (At the time of bonnet pin installing, purchase of separate other companies product necessary it is.)

The duct attaching product in order as much as possible not to set the duct on top of the electrical type part, as you consider, belonging, has tried the inner cover to prevent the invasion of the water of the minimum. However as for the inner cover at the time of sport travelling removing, in order to be able to release heat the engine, because it is removal and re-installation system, strictly there are times when some water enters in the time of inner cover installation. When leaking water and waterproofing are preferred, removal and re-installation becomes impossible, but please administer disposal such as the filler by the seal medicine.

The carbon bonnet surface starts being attached when it continues to use when nothing it is done, with aged deterioration sooner or later it becomes cloudy the plate. Beautifully to use we request 1) and 2) each correspondence below in order to receive.

carbon is much lighter than steel if u touch one by hand i think you will be amazed so its the saving in weight and the weave look people go for. ive been in cars with carbon bonnets locked down by the factory latch and at speeds you see the bonnet bouncing from the wind.

the cheaper carbon bonnet is coming from taiwan you can choose 2 weaves thick or thin. its around $600 in aust and is factory 2003 shaped no scoop.

the reason CF bonnets come under scrutiny of the police is that the cheap knock offs are rubbish. they break around the hinge mounts and bonnet catch and sheer off the car. Have seen pics of an accident and that was the cause. Bonnet just peeled up and straight into the windscreen. Bit hard to see when that happens. :P

Unless your spending some big $$$ then I'd be steering clear of the cheapo copies as they flex and crack badly from what I have seen and after a while they look shocking. I know a guy up here in Brissy who does CF panels and accessories for race cars and he won't even touch the cheap stuff as the cost for him to repair these bonnets properly ends up being nearly more than what some of them are worth. So he just doesn't bother.

So be warned... buy quality (Genuine C-one for instance) not some Taiwanese elcheapo fake that is bound to be more trouble than it's worth.

sorry i am hijacking this thread about the c one bonnets.....

but does anyone know where i can get a metal bonnet replica of the c one carbon fibre bonnet???

not so keen on the carbon fibre, but love the scoop :D

thanks guys