light dash

can anyone tell me how to put in new lights on the orginal head unit and climate control area.. so i can colour code it with the dash light?

I know its different to other rolla's.. so if u have a sportivo and and have done it pls msg me here on pm.

Thanks guys.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the UK has managed to change all of the LED's in the centre cosole to red to match the tachos etc. I cant post the link as is it on my pc at home and not on this laptop :( do a search at www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums

I will be changing all of the LED's at some stage this year. from the Racy Red that we have to a nice Alpine style Blue to match my stereo and going into the whole theme of my car ;)

the climate control panel has no leds in it there all globes so you need to convert them to leds which means adding a resistor to drop the voltage and getting the polarity right so the leds turn on, so if your going to atempt it i hope your handy with a soldering iron

" ive changed my climate control lights to red ones, not sure about the stereo cause i dont have my original one in my car, but i dont think the lights are easily changed in it "

So when you pull out the climate control console from the dash.. what do u do next? cause ive got the console out.. but was to scared to open it incase **** came out of it..

you need to take the cover off the back of it, theres about 6 screws and that should expose the circuit board and give you access to the light globes. If your not confident doing it, its probablly best not to touch it because if you break it toyota wont pay for it and i dont think it will be cheap to replace. If you are in sydney i could give you a hand

I have changed the lights to red it is not hard. But in my case I pulled off the green light condoms and changed them to red. The only difficulty is that the smallest condom you can buy is 5mm and some of the bulbs we have are 2.5 mm but you can make it work out.

peekay thats how i did it at first but over time they started to fade and look crap. So i then changed them to superbright red leds, looks much beter than normal globes, but once there soldered in there pretty much in for good

the bulb sleves dont make the lights dull as all u are doing is swapping the green ones for red ones so its about the same

Kcorro i thought all you guys saw the lights when i was down there last time

Depends on the make if you use narva they do fade if you use hella they don't I have had no fade at all. Also the other choice is a glass paint pen that works as well.

I've personally only seen Narva sleeves available at Repco and Autobarn. Have yet to see the ones made by Hella. Don't suppose you could share where you've found them? I'm very interested in testing them out.

Also, has anyone got a link for instructions on taking the dash apart? I've tried doing a search with no luck.

Mate if you pay me money or get me a lap dancer I will show u :P :P :D I have done several cars infact same for the TRD intake.... and a few other things hey that reminds me Lucio where is my Lap Dance still waiting.... :rolleyes::rolleyes: