light dash

Hey Zav..

The red sleeves are a definite shade of red and the orange are distincly orange...

make sure that have packaged them properly...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres a pic of my climate control panel, it looks alot beter at night but you get the idea

PLACING BID....

Case of Beer + parts

I'll have a chat to Dave on Thursday, I want to do the LED conversion also but not sure what colour to get, I'm actually thinking of Yellow :blink::blink::blink: can this be done???

Just a quick tip for those that want to do the LED conversion, because the LED's have a more concentrated beam, when you mount it behind the LCD, it will create a circle of concentrated red light on the LCD display, so what I did was to beam it sideways and let the light-guide (mounted below the LCD display) reflect the light back up.

Dylan: Yellow is possible, don't know how it will turn out though...

Hey i just went to the Narva website, the have dash led globes (4-5mm) with bases. The come in white, blue and red from what i can see. It will save heaps of time soldering globes and resistors, plus less problems with warranty cuz u can swap the green globes back in. I'm just wondering which one will fit the corolla dash base globe holes.

here is the link

http://www.narva.com.au/Globes_5.html

Hey i just went to the Narva website, the have dash led globes (4-5mm) with bases.  The come in white, blue and red from what i can see.  It will save heaps of time soldering globes and resistors, plus less problems with warranty cuz u can swap the green globes back in.  I'm just wondering which one will fit the corolla dash base globe holes.

here is the link

http://www.narva.com.au/Globes_5.html

Hey Zav,

from the ones on that page, you should be able to use the ones in Fig. 38 or Fig. 40

The circuit board that the lights clip into is 1.5mm thick, so fig. 39 won't fit.

I'd then probably be going the ones in Fig 38 though as they are a shorter bulb, closer match to the standard lights in there now.

Remember though, this will only do the console, NOT the dash cluster or Head Unit...

Cheers

A :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, just finish changing the sleeves....it wasn't a difficult task but one thing for sure....DAMN!! Toyota is cutting own screws to console....and it is really plasticky....

but i bought the car for its engine... :D

perhaps it is made in S.A, btw is the engine made there too :)

perhaps it is made in S.A, btw is the engine made there too :)

From what i know/heard and spoken about with others i believe the engines are exported from Japan