light dash

heres a pic of my climate control panel, it looks alot beter at night but you get the idea

Looks great Screaminrolla!

Can someone give a little explaination on pulling the dash apart. I have still yet to find any guides online.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the make if you use narva they do fade if you use hella they don't I have had no fade at all. Also the other choice is a glass paint pen that works as well.

where can u get the glass paint pen?

Thanx

• 9 months later...

Hey Guys is the a way to make your lights white i have the 2004 Corolla Sports an the dash is white an the main centre console is green and it looks so **** is there a way to make it all white to go with dash let me know thanks ??...

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a really old post but noone has mentioned part numbers for the bulbs!!!!! someone help me out

repco and autobarn can supply i need a part number, i haven't pulled the dash apart but i figured the bulbs are the same as the one attached to the ciggy lighter? is this true?

someone help.!! i'm thinking of going either blue or red so if someone has a part number of either and brand name that would be great. also how many they needed to use? i have a 04 rolla zzfe.

also where do u get sleeves that actually fit and if you can't how do you utilise the 5mm narva sleeves?

thanks for listening!

I know this is a really old post but noone has mentioned part numbers for the bulbs!!!!! someone help me out

repco and autobarn can supply i need a part number, i haven't pulled the dash apart but i figured the bulbs are the same as the one attached to the ciggy lighter? is this true?

someone help.!! i'm thinking of going either blue or red so if someone has a part number of either and brand name that would be great. also how many they needed to use? i have a 04 rolla zzfe.

also where do u get sleeves that actually fit and if you can't how do you utilise the 5mm narva sleeves?

thanks for listening!

there's approximately 4 or 5 sleeves you'll need. the turninb knobs (a/c controls) will use 2 globes, the clock will use one... and the cigarette lighter will use 1, but the cigarette lighter globe is smaller than the others... then the t5 (5mm) sleeves wont fit it. its a big longer and a bit too wide as well, i just chopped it and put it on.. its a bit loose but still does the job.

i have the narva t5 blue sleeves, and although i expected it to turn out blue blue, it kinda turned out a teal colour... bout $3 a packet of 5 from autobahn.

as for the globe part #, if u really wanted it... i would have to open my dash up agian to get it for u, unless someone else can provide it :) :) :) :rolleyes: ;) :D

thanks man.

i thought about that just putting sleeves and i figured the ciggy bulb was different.

how does the blue turn out? is it atleast brighter than the greens? got some pics?

i figured if i replaced the bulbs they'd be brighter than just putting sleeves. and no i haven't took my dash apart i only wanna do it once that's why i'm getting the info first.

thanks man.

i thought about that just putting sleeves and i figured the ciggy bulb was different.

how does the blue turn out? is it atleast brighter than the greens? got some pics?

i figured if i replaced the bulbs they'd be brighter than just putting sleeves. and no i haven't took my dash apart i only wanna do it once that's why i'm getting the info first.

i just put mine on this arvo. had to wait till now to see what they look like in the dark.

it doesn't really turn out blue... something like 70% green, 30% blue... and darker than the standard green...

not particular happy with the result... looks like i'll be looking for the colour bulbs now :D :D :P :blink::angry:

here are a couple of pics, one on its own and one in comparison to my h/u so u can see the brightness comparison.

post-652-1116578411_thumb.jpg

post-652-1116578439_thumb.jpg

judging from the pictures, man its really not that bright...

i'd probably stay stock. unless the replacements are better. i've yet to find part #'s for the bulbs though. let me know how you go... i just wasted $5 on sleeves!

i was about to put them on and i thought i'd check any replies. thanks mate even though it was a downer.

judging from the pictures, man its really not that bright...

i'd probably stay stock. unless the replacements are better. i've yet to find part #'s for the bulbs though. let me know how you go... i just wasted $5 on sleeves!

i was about to put them on and i thought i'd check any replies. thanks mate even though it was a downer.

yeahhh the blue really sucks... but the red works very well! not sure about the yellow... :rolleyes::rolleyes::blink: ;) <_<

damn, i took out my buttons today... and those bulbs are even smaller than the ciggi lighter ones! they are so damn tiny... im so lazy to all 3 sizes out to bring to autobahn to see what they have. lazy lazy lazy! :angry::angry::angry:

I have changed the lights to red it is not hard. But in my case I pulled off the green light condoms and changed them to red. The only difficulty is that the smallest condom you can buy is 5mm and some of the bulbs we have are 2.5 mm but you can make it work out.

if there are stock green sleeves, then u can just take em off to get a white colour.. right ??

i'm afraid not.... if you take sleeves out they'll look like ur interior light... like orangy..

BigBum... which buttons? a/c and haz? i pulled mine apart today and put it back together after i read ur post. i'm going to leave it until i can find out if i could get replacement bulbs instead of sleeves. that's proving to be difficult.

i'm afraid not.... if you take sleeves out they'll look like ur interior light... like orangy..

BigBum... which buttons? a/c and haz? i pulled mine apart today and put it back together after i read ur post. i'm going to leave it until i can find out if i could get replacement bulbs instead of sleeves. that's proving to be difficult.

yeah.. the four buttons.. well 3, one is a passenger light.. those 4 bulbs are tiny as and have a tiny green sleeve on the bulbs...

another thing i read somewhere was that u could paint the bulbs... just gotta find out again which kinda paint to use... thats deffinately a good idea... apparantly someone has did it with success. ;) ;) ;) B) B) B) :rolleyes: :D

yeah.. the four buttons.. well 3, one is a passenger light.. those 4 bulbs are tiny as and have a tiny green sleeve on the bulbs...

another thing i read somewhere was that u could paint the bulbs... just gotta find out again which kinda paint to use... thats deffinately a good idea... apparantly someone has did it with success. ;) ;) ;) B) B) B) :rolleyes: :D

another cheaper alternative is to simply take of the green condoms which are on the leds to start with and use TAMIYA hobby paints....use either clear red/blue pending on which colour you want and apply about 5-10 layers....depending on how dark you want the colour.

Sportiv has used this with great results :)

there you go BigBum

i wish i could fine a simple solution... now i'm really getting put off. i don't like dodgy things like that where you have to paint it. although it'd be nice to get a sandblasted perspex to replace the whole dash and have a neon or led's lighting the whole dash up!! that would be mad!!!!!!

I have also changed my dash lights, I replaced the stock green doms to blue ones, but it looks 70% blue and a little green, which I think looks so crap.....

I think when I find some time, I'll change them to red LED's to match the speedo

Any one had success in getting the dash to blue?

Some pics? I just lost all my faith in blue....hehehe

• 1 month later...

I finally found some time last night after my exam, and did my console.

Now it looks heaps better than when it was blue,

I'm happy with the results :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'll be getting some blue LED's to replace the green ones later, I reckon blue on red will look nice, and when I really have some time to kill, I'll do the radio too.

gallery_312_14_1119749348.jpg

I finally found some time last night after my exam, and did my console.

Now it looks heaps better than when it was blue,

I'm happy with the results  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I'll be getting some blue LED's to replace the green ones later, I reckon blue on red will look nice, and when I really have some time to kill, I'll do the radio too.

gallery_312_14_1119749348.jpg

Looks good KT, But I beat you to it :P

post-421-1119752736_thumb.jpg

looking good :) , you gotta do the radio...looks MUCH better ;)

I installed some red Narva sleeves on saturday. 1 problem they came out orange. So i ordered some more, but still looked orange so i didnt take em. Looks like narva have made a dodgy batch that say red on the pack but are orange. As u can see the buttons on the head unit are red, the dash is not. the second pic is how it actually looks, not sure y the 1st photo looks yellowy

Edited by ZAV