suzuki swift gti

parts are costly if your after original :)

With new cars sometimes you don't have a choice too. Sucks. It looks like a nice little car too. I wouldn't trade my Sportivo for one though. I like it too much, it's 'just' good. I like the inside and the space of the Sportivo as well.

FI = Forced Induction i would think. but in Oz, nope. swift sucks.

click

they say it will do 0-100km just over 8sec? so its faster than stivo? and its only a 92kw 148nm 1.6 engine?!? its priced pretty well though $23990

just over 8 seconds??? well its no where near as fast as a sportivo. if toyota were serious about getting 0-100 in a stivo in 8 seconds like they claimed, maybe they should have used lift

Looks ok but I'd rather put another 3 grand with it and go the 110kW Turbo VW Polo GTI.

I must admit I'm a big fan of the new swift but was hoping for a forced induction GTI 3-door priced closer to the 20K mark as was said in alot of gossip columns months ago.

Looks ok but I'd rather put another 3 grand with it and go the 110kW Turbo VW Polo GTI.

I must admit I'm a big fan of the new swift but was hoping for a forced induction GTI 3-door priced closer to the 20K mark as was said in alot of gossip columns months ago.

The Polo GTI is way much more than that I think. My mate paid over $30,000 for his new.

The Polo GTI is way much more than that I think. My mate paid over $30,000 for his new.

http://www.volkswagen.com.au/pdf/price_Lis...%20-%20Polo.pdf

26990 + onroads. If Suzuki sport is 23990 + onroads this makes it 3 grand difference on the base price anyway.

click

they say it will do 0-100km just over 8sec? so its faster than stivo? and its only a 92kw 148nm 1.6 engine?!? its priced pretty well though $23990

DSC04104.jpg

The SA413 1987 Swift GTi weighs in as the lightest GTi ever made does 0-100 in 6.8 seconds according to the roadtests.

Its like a motorbike to drive and drops 500 rpm each gear change with a 7500 orange line and 8000 red line.

100 kph is 3500 rpm. This is the EPI G13B series one pre pollution stuff. The EFI G13B series 2 is slower and the SF car is heavier by 50-150 kg and is slower.

We own three. My daughters (Silver and Saxony Black) Son (RED) and I (White).

We get 100km for 7.5 litres 400 k from a 28L tank.

My daughters is an ATECO Group A Body number GT104 and makes 220 k with a road gearbox 100 kph @3000 rpm.

They weigh in at 750 kg and set a lap record at Eastern Creek years ago when they blew away Johnstones RX7 until the poor sports protested and the GTi was disqualified for runing 1350 cc instead of 1298.

Engine is all alloy forging, holds just 5 litres of coolant. 5 litres of oil. The crank and pistons are forged.

Supposed to (100 hp? from 1300 cc.).

They are so light they are used in ultralight aircraft weighing just 750 KG take of weight and cruising at 180 knots with a max continous power de-rating of 5250 RPM

And they have been around since 1986, I have owned one since 1988 and still do, dont want to change to any other pocket rocket..

The 1600 engine is stroked G13B and lacks real go. No one I know has fitted a Cultus engine into a gti even though they are 1600 cc. The trend is to turbo the g13B so the pending turbo 1600 should go really well but its at least a year away according to the press release in Sundays Herald Sun and will be 27-33K.

2 cents

Edited by Steve gee

in reply to sportiyo's comment...

I have noticed that in MOTOR mag they quote the sportivo times as 8.21 0-100km/h, and 16.0 0-400m.

:blink:

BUT that was done in 2003 prior to the ECU recall, I remeber they dynoed it too and got 80 odd kw/atw.

:lol:

obviously those figures are wrong.

B)

in reply to sportiyo's comment...

I have noticed that in MOTOR mag they quote the sportivo times as 8.21 0-100km/h, and 16.0 0-400m.

:blink:

BUT that was done in 2003 prior to the ECU recall, I remeber they dynoed it too and got 80 odd kw/atw.

:lol:

obviously those figures are wrong.

B)

good point, i never thought about it

i found a site wherehttp://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=19829&vf=1&GalleryType=1&ReferringArticleID=19803 it says its claimed 8.9 seconds to the 0-100 which is slower then a stivo,click on the details link once youve entered this link

exactly what is the difference between forced induction and na

One is either supercharged or turbo'd man and the other is just standard.

IE: Sportivo is n/a (naturally aspirated), An S15 Silvia is Turbo (forced induction) ;)

so is this new gti turbo coz i think someone said it was fi earlier?

Edited by gengo