what mods to gain more KW?!

KaZe-

Didn't say that I beat him did I???Nor did I say that he spanked me badly??? He was surprised that He couldn't get away as easily as he thought he could. As for your comparing money spoent on a N/A car to turbo mate wake up. Turbo cars take less $$$ than a N/A car to make big gains. Powerchip didn't do a chip cause they couldn't see themsleves selling volumes of them like they would for a Commodore or Falcon. :nono:

As for the possible gains to be made on a Sportivo well it all depends on how much you want to spend. some choose to spend heaps and do make gains but not the same as on a turbo car.(pretty obvious) But not everyone wants to drive /own a turbo car. Horses for courses. My last run was 15.4 with gearbox and clutch issues and am organising to hit the strip again to see the difference as i can now get 2nd gear and have no major clutch shudder. :yahoo:

As for microtec.... mate you just blew any credibility you may have had with that comment. Microtec is rubbish <_<

Didn't say that I beat him did I???Nor did I say that he spanked me badly??? No, very true, but I felt it was implied. I can move on.

Turbo cars take less $$$ than a N/A car to make big gains. ****, no sh*t, Sherlock. Which begs to ask the same stupid question; why waste the money on a Sportivo if you're after straight-out power? Again, this is what KaZe-StiVo is after. And, for the third time, I've said you're better off with a forced-induction car. Get over it. Or as you said, "wake up". Does it need saying once more?

As for microtec.... mate you just blew any credibility you may have had with that comment. Microtec is rubbish <_< I have friends who have great success running Microtec ECU's on their BPT/BPD Mazda motors (261HP with an LT8, for example), so I'm sure you can appreciate the tuning that's gone into such a highly modified motor. Like you said, horses for courses. I readily admit there's a lot of other stuff on the market; Microtec sprang to mind before the others, but I can list off Autronic, Haltech, MoTeC (all three much more expensive). My point is a fully programmable aftermarket computer is better than a piggyback chip. And since I have no experience with any of them I'll pass no judgement between brands. Can you say you've had experience with Microtec or their competition to justify your claim they are "rubbish"?

And what would you know about credibility anyway? Wow, you supposedly ran an XR6T "close". I've little doubt your 'Rolla is quick, but if you'd raced on a dragstrip I might take your claims a bit more seriously. I ran an F355 really close last week in my wagon. :toast:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much did it cost you? :clap:

The gopher was still alive but they are hearty creatures. I took him off. I went back to stock, and he went back to terrorising the local golf course. I couldn't let him be a performance mod, he was deserved to be doing what he loved...digging.

It cost me around 4 hours of trying to catch the frigging thing. They are cunning.

Oh Dylan, the Meerkats are too quick to catch. Just awsk Pete next taaam ;)

Didn't say that I beat him did I???Nor did I say that he spanked me badly??? He was surprised that He couldn't get away as easily as he thought he could. As for your comparing money spoent on a N/A car to turbo mate wake up. Turbo cars take less $$$ than a N/A car to make big gains. Powerchip didn't do a chip cause they couldn't see themsleves selling volumes of them like they would for a Commodore or Falcon. :nono:

As for the possible gains to be made on a Sportivo well it all depends on how much you want to spend. some choose to spend heaps and do make gains but not the same as on a turbo car.(pretty obvious) But not everyone wants to drive /own a turbo car. Horses for courses. My last run was 15.4 with gearbox and clutch issues and am organising to hit the strip again to see the difference as i can now get 2nd gear and have no major clutch shudder. :yahoo:

As for microtec.... mate you just blew any credibility you may have had with that comment. Microtec is rubbish <_<

Didn't say that I beat him did I???Nor did I say that he spanked me badly??? No, very true, but I felt it was implied. I can move on.

Turbo cars take less $$$ than a N/A car to make big gains. ****, no sh*t, Sherlock. Which begs to ask the same stupid question; why waste the money on a Sportivo if you're after straight-out power? Again, this is what KaZe-StiVo is after. And, for the third time, I've said you're better off with a forced-induction car. Get over it. Or as you said, "wake up". Does it need saying once more?

As for microtec.... mate you just blew any credibility you may have had with that comment. Microtec is rubbish <_< I have friends who have great success running Microtec ECU's on their BPT/BPD Mazda motors (261HP with an LT8, for example), so I'm sure you can appreciate the tuning that's gone into such a highly modified motor. Like you said, horses for courses. I readily admit there's a lot of other stuff on the market; Microtec sprang to mind before the others, but I can list off Autronic, Haltech, MoTeC (all three much more expensive). My point is a fully programmable aftermarket computer is better than a piggyback chip. And since I have no experience with any of them I'll pass no judgement between brands. Can you say you've had experience with Microtec or their competition to justify your claim they are "rubbish"?

And what would you know about credibility anyway? Wow, you supposedly ran an XR6T "close". I've little doubt your 'Rolla is quick, but if you'd raced on a dragstrip I might take your claims a bit more seriously. I ran an F355 really close last week in my wagon. :toast:

Yes I have had experiences with Microtech and it wasn't at all good and have had evperiences with Autronic and Motec which are a lot more expensive but you get what you pay for. But then the Mazda boys love Microtec and it works for them. Horses for courses. I have no doubt that a XR6T would beat me on a strip but as most people who own a Sportivo know that on the move it is a slightly different story ;)