2005 Corolla Ascent Sedan facelift help

shmicko

I was sitting infront of my car today, having a smoke thinking how can I make this car look good without going too over the top? I thought about it for awhile then researched some site's such as the C-ONE motorsport webiste and the TRD Australia Sales website.

Bit of a noob though, was wondering would I be able to fit any of the Sportivo parts on my Ascent sedan?

I was thinking possibly throw on some Sportivo rims and lower it? But would that be enough? Then I thought about the grill. Which made me think about the front bar.. you can see where this is going.

I just want this thing to look better than it already is. So my question is what do you guys recommend to add some spice to this really stock look?

woooo !!!

im glad we have another sedan on here !!!!!

find a nice unique kit for the sedan is tough ..

considering ive been looking for over a year ... and when i found 1 i liked it was discontinued ....

oh well .. just keep looking ... there are ooptions ... better one will be in singapore ... purely coz all their corollas over there are sedans and have a wider range of accerories for our Gen 9 sedans

• 1 month later...

thanks for all the advice guys!

I'm planning on buying the Sportivo rims and a set of Diamond Vision's for lights for the moment.

Anyone from Melb. that can refer me to a good exhaust and/or suspension workshop?

thanks for all the advice guys!

I'm planning on buying the Sportivo rims and a set of Diamond Vision's for lights for the moment.

Anyone from Melb. that can refer me to a good exhaust and/or suspension workshop?

how much are the diamond visions in here?

17/18" Rims. Coils - slam it.

Done. Easy :P

Do realise that while Diamond Visions give off a 'prettier' light they give less light intensitiy/visibility than the Blue Visions. Also, have a look at these for an alternative (they're 4300K - right in the sweet spot) - LINK

Edited by Scandrew

Hey Schmicko, welcome to the forum - here are the various amounts of prices i got for my kit, just to use as a bench mark

sportivo tires & rims - $400 (anything arounds 500 odd is a great buy- depending on the tire condition)

bodykit - $350 painted (right place right time - if u ring around for the wreckers of toyota parts, u should be able to find the odd levin body kit (i think it's around 400odd) -- which is pretty much 'the same' minus the rice air vender bits and pieces

Dump her on her a55 - super lows installed will be arounds 300-400 depending on who u go to or go koni shock (heightadjustable) + sport spring for around 1K - or get replacement OEM KYB shockers which have shorter strut and sport spring (dunno that price :( sorry ) or go Coilover hit for that extra low/performance ride at arounds 1.2K installed

Eyelids - after all this time and fuss about facelifted eyes etc etc, it's a shame that no one has used the initiative to make their own with fibre glass putty...maybe u can be the first?

All Sweet? So probably have arounds 2k in the kitty to aim to mod with, and if it turns out anything lower, then it's a bonus, and anything higher u spend on her, then it's for the love of the car :whistling:

The Journey

Eyelids - after all this time and fuss about facelifted eyes etc etc, it's a shame that no one has used the initiative to make their own with fibre glass putty...maybe u can be the first?

im surprised no one has used vinyl stickers or similar yet

Hey Schmicko, welcome to the forum - here are the various amounts of prices i got for my kit, just to use as a bench mark

sportivo tires & rims - $400 (anything arounds 500 odd is a great buy- depending on the tire condition)

bodykit - $350 painted (right place right time - if u ring around for the wreckers of toyota parts, u should be able to find the odd levin body kit (i think it's around 400odd) -- which is pretty much 'the same' minus the rice air vender bits and pieces

Dump her on her a55 - super lows installed will be arounds 300-400 depending on who u go to or go koni shock (heightadjustable) + sport spring for around 1K - or get replacement OEM KYB shockers which have shorter strut and sport spring (dunno that price :( sorry ) or go Coilover hit for that extra low/performance ride at arounds 1.2K installed

All Sweet? So probably have arounds 2k in the kitty to aim to mod with, and if it turns out anything lower, then it's a bonus, and anything higher u spend on her, then it's for the love of the car :whistling:

The Journey

Thanks, for the guide RME1! WOW! I thought a set of rims with 90% tread for 1k clear was good price! Hook me up with these bargains yo!