[syd]mega Cruise 4 22-10-2006

auto.gif MEGA CRUISE 4 auto.gif

Toymods last mega cruise was huge this year we'll be hopeing to make it the same by holding the official 4th Mega Cruise.

this is one of toymods biggest cruises

some hi-lights are:

*going straight over the harbour bridge (in a pack of about 100 cars)

*North Head lookout (it's one of the best views in Sydney)

and with the final destination being Palm Beach how can you go wrong

pic from Mega Cruise III

What: MEGACRUISE 4

Where: Homebush Bay Olympic Park, Carpark P6, just off Australia Ave near Homebush station.

When: Sunday, 22nd October, Meet at 9:30 for 10:00AM leave

Cost: sausage sandwiches $2 members, $2.50 non-members & drinks $1 and about $5 for parking

From the Homebush meeting point we head down Australia Ave & turn LEFT onto Homebush Bay Drive. From there we head north for about 10 minutes then we'll turn right onto Victoria rd. We'll travel along victoria rd heading south/east towards the city, crossing Gladesville bridge, then Iron Cove bridge, then follow Vic rd to the left and over Glebe Island bridge.

Now this is the fun bit, cos if you take a wrong turn, you could end up in the middle of the city. We're going to follow Victoria rd (which becomes the western distributor) 'round to the left, heading north, & go straight over the harbour bridge. It would be stupid stopping in the city, it would be to hectic with a big group of cars.

So after we cross the harbour bridge, we need to keep to the left and take the second exit on the left, which is Falcon st, where we turn right. We follow this rd through neutral bay & mosman, down over the spit bridge, WATCHING OUT FOR THE MANY SPEED CAMERAS, and then we take a right at the first set of lights after the spit bridge, which takes us towards manly.

Before we go through manly, we going to have our halfway stop at North Head.

We're gonna turn right at Belgrave st, then a left onto east esplanade, left onto Ashburner then right onto Darley rd, which takes us up to the North Head lookout. For those that haven't been here, it's one of the best views in Sydney.

Once we've all regrouped, we'll head back down Darley rd, turn right at the first set of lights, then left onto the Manly foreshore. Follow this rd to the fist set of lights, turn left then the first right onto Pittwater rd. Follow Pittwater up to Warringha rd where we turn left, follow that to Forest Way where we turn right. Follow Forest way up to Mona Vale rd, turn right, then we'll pull over up the long stretch for a real quick regroup.

Back on Mona Vale rd, we take a left at the first set of lights, and right at the roundabout just after the lights. This rd we follow down through Church Point & Bayview, until we meet up with Barrenjoey rd, where we turn right and begin the final leg of the cruise.

We'll follow Barrenjoey road all the way up to Palm Beach, where we should be able to find some parking, even if we have to spread out a bit. There's a nice big picnic area with plenty of tables and BBQs where we'll be selling sausage sandwiches $2 members, $2.50 non-members & drinks $1, and have time to talk & check out each others rides.

NOTE: Parking tickets are required at our final destination, at a cost of $5-$6 not too sure (which is for 4hours).

On the day I will have maps & directions to hand out, and we will also be tuned into channel 16 on our faithfull CBs. So come along & enjoy the fun, have a feed & cruise some great roads.

See you all there!

A Big thanks to Big Worm who lead the last Mega Cruise and who's directions I've stolen for this one.

Cheers Craig.

the falcon st exit has CHANGED!!! you need to get into the right lane to turn it isn't on the left anymore

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

count me in!

it would be nice to go for a massive drive like that. and again, get ideas from people with toyotas

just one question, are there any camry's in the bunch or i'm I gonna be the lone ranger again :) (I have no problem with this by the way :P)

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing stops mega cruise :)

The weather will be fine. They are predicting morning showers so by the time we get to North Head it will be fine so the drive on to Palm Beach will be sweet :)

BTW... I'll be there :yahoo:

you're a woosie little pansie Pete... :angry: :P

Thanks dylan!

pete what have you got against the wet? surely you can handle your car in the wet?

Ofcourse i can. Just dont like driving in the wet when i dont have too.

you use water to wash your car don't you... it's the same stuff

Indeed it is dylan but i dont see a point in a cruise if its blady raining! In a cruise you meant to enjoy the drive and i dont enjoy driving in the wet