HSV Barina

considerring our Barina would ba a Daewoo Special Vehicle I doubt very much we will see this car here...

omg I just hit D-TEC

rofl

I thought you said you didn't want anything with a Holden badge :P

I don't think they'll bring it here. Nothing to compete against in its class.

Holden badge or not this thing is hot!!!111

Nothing in its class? *cough* Polo GTI, Ralliart Colt, Suzuki sport. Smashes all of them!

I think even holden need to look into bringing it here as a tiagra coupe (seeings they are both based on the corsa).

1.6 litre engine size i think it is.

over in europe this thing would sell like hot cakes i reckon with all the competition of the zillion of little cars available over there. over here meh. unless hundai do something with the getz/, ford do something with the fiesta, toyota do something with the yaris etc etc, no point bring this car here. what for? hsv already have the VXR out. like bigbum said, no need to compete here with this car.

but you know, i dont care either. its a nice car :clap:

Edited by Mikey

But it's still a Barina. You can't just put a bigger engine in a car, and have HSV make it and expect sales to go through the roof.

Holden should trial a Barina with the better engine as a standard model lineup to begin with....

Yes!!! This car will be here in Australia...Actually, it already is.

I drove past Zupps Aspley last night and they had one out front. I stopped and took some pics, but they didnt turn out to weel. I will try and post some in the morning....

HSV VX-R

2.0 litre Turbo 1.2bar

177kW @ 5600rpm

320Nm @ 2400rpm

6 Speed

235/35/19

0-100: 6.2sec

Full Leather Trim

1393kg

$42990 + ORC

Do I like the car? Yeah

Would I sell the SPortivo for one....? Probably not...

I hate to break your bubble, but the HSV VX-R is NOT a Barina. It is a hotted-up Astra, and has been known about for ages (was confirmed for local sale way back in March), and IS for sale at the moment. It competes with the Focus XR5, Golf GTi, Clio Sport and others, a full size bigger than the supermini hot-hatches like the Polo GTi, Swift etc

The Vauxhall Corsa VXR (aka Barina) isn't going on sale in Europe (where they MAKE them) until 2007, so I highly doubt you "saw" one in a dealership in Australia

I hate to break your bubble, but the HSV VX-R is NOT a Barina. It is a hotted-up Astra, and has been known about for ages (was confirmed for local sale way back in March), and IS for sale at the moment. It competes with the Focus XR5, Golf GTi, Clio Sport and others, a full size bigger than the supermini hot-hatches like the Polo GTi, Swift etc

Correct.