chassis/strut tower setup

Hi guys im just curious if anyone can tell me if the chassis/strut tower setup on the 2005 Corolla Sportivo is the same as the setup on the 00-04 celicas as im interested in purchasing the Greddy S/C kit for my corolla and that is the only piece of information that i need to see if they are teh same prior to ordering the kit. all help will be much appreciated.

they are not the same, and the greddy SC will not just bolt on either, you need to modify few things to get it to fit.

what kind of things we talking bout that need modifying? cause i talked to a guy from VPW in victoria and he said the plenum supplied by greddy would fit only issue being the space for the s/c and the strut tower setup. your input would be great. to date i have an injen short ram intake and greddy evo2 cat back exhaust system. im just looking for 200kw at the motor to make life enjoyable. i enquired down the turbo path with monkey wrench in the states and they have a great kit but unfortunately the manifold interferes in the australian car due to being rhd and to modify it is expensive so he suggested i go the s/c route either the blitz or greddy. but ye input would be great

That is awesome. so the kit does fit just a few little dramas or big ones lol from the look of things he mentions changing the belt and relocating the water bottle thats about it. i also enquired on the blitz japanese website and they make the kit for the corolla runx aswell but it is alittle more expensive at $8200 delivered in australia where as the greddy unit has no intercooler and is $5300 almost 3grand difference. thanks alot for input. why did northy however say the kit wont fit? do you know of anyone installing the blitz kit or the greddy kit in australia.

I'd personally go with the Blitz kit if you're not going to work the engine. The high compression does benefit from an intercooled intake charge, a lot less detonation potential.

I was planning to get a custom IC kit if i were to go along the path of buying the greddy kit. im from sydney and know a few people that can do it but 3grand extra for a intercooler is quite abit aint it? i can get one for bout 1200 with custom piping and big enough to fill the bumper heheh. So rollamods you know anyone with a supercharged sportivo, i was reading the other day on one of the pages one guy was planing to do it but i dont know if he has. you have any ideas?

have a look at the greddy kit, the way it mounts to the inlet manifold. It's basically impossible to add an intercooler to the greddy kit, it's quite similar to the TRD charger for the 1ZZ.

100_0226.jpg

I dont personally.

It would be possible to add a cooler to the greddy kit with quite a large amount of fabrication.

You would basically have to build an inlet manifold the same as the blitz setup, the fabricate a new outlet pipe for the charger to feed the cooler etc. Basically makes it a waste of time buying the kit from Greddy. If you went down that path it would be cheaper to buy the SC direct from Ogura Japan and get the rest of the stuff fabricated locally.

Then if you're going to that much trouble, there are other charger types you can use which would require less fabrication and modification to fit.

I dont personally.

It would be possible to add a cooler to the greddy kit with quite a large amount of fabrication.

You would basically have to build an inlet manifold the same as the blitz setup, the fabricate a new outlet pipe for the charger to feed the cooler etc. Basically makes it a waste of time buying the kit from Greddy. If you went down that path it would be cheaper to buy the SC direct from Ogura Japan and get the rest of the stuff fabricated locally.

Then if you're going to that much trouble, there are other charger types you can use which would require less fabrication and modification to fit.

ok cool. I was takling with michael from GCG turbos this morning and with the greddy kit said intercooler is not required unless you plan to increase boost from the setup that greddy are offering. as the kit produces an additional 85hp it is pretty i think and he said with a good cold air induction setup mainly the kit that Greddy recommend you using it shouldnt create much problems. the kit is rated at 8.5psi. however i am still enquiring with blitz regarding there kit as i found the part number for the RUNX kit. it is identical to the celica kit with few bits and pieces being different. thanks for your input ROLLAMODS.

NORTHY do you know anyone in OZ with a supercharger kit on there sportivo? also would a centrifugal charger be possible to fit onto the stivo?

gains for the greddy kit are more around the 60hp mark, and dont know anyone with a SC fitted to there sportivo

I have the component list and specifications of the kit and it says running at 8.5psi the kit produces 81-85hp at the flywheel and that includes the MP62 charger, cast aluminium manifold, greddy ultimate pretuned to 100octane fuel 4 x 440cc injectors and all necessary hardware. i called a few places and can get the kit for $3500 aud from the USA which is $2000 cheaper then purchasing it from here in oz.