fastening amp under front seat/behind back seats

JJCRU23R

just unsure as to whether its safe to just take a drill and make holes into the floor of my car to screw the amp into place. what if i hit something important on the other side??

also, my brothers amp is under his passenger seat (98 celica) and 99% of the time, if your sitting in the back seat and ur not careful, youll end up knocking the amp with your foot and fking up the cables or the settings. does this happen in your corolla?

if others have experienced that sort of problem, then i would like to see if anyone can help me with screwing the amp into place somewhere in the boot. have others in here done this?

advice is much appreciated!

jase

just unsure as to whether its safe to just take a drill and make holes into the floor of my car to screw the amp into place. what if i hit something important on the other side??

also, my brothers amp is under his passenger seat (98 celica) and 99% of the time, if your sitting in the back seat and ur not careful, youll end up knocking the amp with your foot and fking up the cables or the settings. does this happen in your corolla?

if others have experienced that sort of problem, then i would like to see if anyone can help me with screwing the amp into place somewhere in the boot. have others in here done this?

advice is much appreciated!

jase

YOU'RE NOT SERIOUS about drilling holes in your car ,are you :unsure:

Velcro will do the trick dude.....

unless you're doing some initial D moves while listening to your stereo ;)

YOU'RE NOT SERIOUS about drilling holes in your car ,are you :unsure:

Velcro will do the trick dude.....

unless you're doing some initial D moves while listening to your stereo ;)

obviously i dont know what id be doing underneith the passenger seat - thats why im asking whats up?! :P

ok so the amp wouldnt be fixed to the floor of the car right? just velcro...

but does anyone with a corolla get the problems with the amp getting bumped by rear passengers?

basically im after the safest out of the way place for the amp to be placed.

Nothing wrong with using screws in that area. Mine are securely installed with screws. I would never velco my amps. It'll never be 100% stable and secure. I would hate to take my front seats out everytime they become loose as well with velco.

Haven't had any problems with mine so far. If you want a pic, let me know ;)

yes pics of installation would be much appreciated.

also wonderring if anyone here has attached their amp somewhere in the boot area?

as in screwed in place, not just velcro

screw it to the floor, it doesnt cause any problems at all. I wanted to fasten mine down myself but the audio place told me that if they dont screw it down the warranty is voided as it is much more likely that u will go over a bump and the amp will flex and screw up the insides.

if u screw the amp to the floor, have the wires facing forwards, as there is a nice little lip thing there that stops the front passenger kicking his legs back.

umm.. where do i insert my nuts?

have you got pictures of these?

I've had far too much to drink to respond to that in a clean fashion...

hahahahaha

Mine is just floating and with the rear floor mat in place, it stays quite nicely, although I only have a small amp...

You couls also get a small piece of non slip rubber from Clark Rubber (or the like) and use that, then there is no damage to the car chassis or your carpet....

• 3 weeks later...

I have mine mounted on the underside of the flooring in the boot (facing down towards the tyre) and have had no issues as yet. Cabling is easily hidden from here and it seems to have enough breathing room to keep it cool.

do you have pics to show for this? thats a nice idea

EDIT=

WHERE CAN YOU BUY THEM FROM? BUNNINGS?

Edited by JJCRU23R

Hmmm... ok, i stuffed up, i shouldn't have quoted the previous message. From memory i used a couple of small bolts and nuts. I haven't got pics at the moment... but i will try to get some... but anyway, used the four bolts (which mount flush and don't stick up at all) going down from top of the floor through amp and then held with nuts. (DUH!). Its solid enough for my liking and the flooring above tyre doesn't flex at all when you lift it to access spare tyre or access the amp.

Anyways... i'll get some pics. The install could be done a lot better than what i did, but hey...

tivomatt... what happened to pics?

Sorry... been away with work... Tivo been sitting in garage. If i get a chance i will try take a couple before i go away again... but thats only a couple of days.... so i am sorry if i don't manage to get around to it for a little while... but i will eventually get them on here!!! :(