Warped Rotor

Ashs Red Rolla

Hey guys I think my front passenger rotor is warped. I originally thought it was the brake pad, so I brought a new set went to have a mechanic fit them and he said my pads still had another 5-10,000k's. But I still have the grinding noise from just that side.

If my rotor is warped can I get it fixed under warrenty? Its going in on thursday to have the ABS looked at because the light keeps coming on, on my dash....

i blame the tooth fairy.

Actually.... every sportivo i have driven (yes its a few) and + one 1ZZ have all had a dodgy passenger side "grinding" noise after a decent amount of kays... perhaps its something else?

jimmy... economics isnt cool :lol:

Hey I don't rag on marketing :P

So what don't we like about corolla rotors?? I know Mick's are warped or something or other, they do sound terrible when bringing us down from 140 to 40 for a school zone....

My brakes were making a noise that sounded like the pads needed changing... So I took out the pads to find that they weren't worn all the way to the little dangly noise-maker thingies (they still needed a change, but it wasn't the pads making the noise, presumably). So I put the newbies in and away we go.

What a noticed was a dirty rim around the inner area of the right front disk, mainly on the outside. We used that expensive disk cleaner and it didn't really do much to the naked eye... The noise is still slightly there at low speeds whilst under brakes, but before I changed the pads the noise was there at low speeds even when I wasn't applying the brakes :huh: any thoughts???

Does this sound familiar Ash? From THIS THREAD

p.s. the 1ZZ that micky refers to is mine

Edited by Tayles

grinding noise

So we aren't dealing with a warped disc. Also the discs in Micky's car make a different (read: worse) noise than mine and you can physically feel a shaking sensation - more evidence of a warped disc there. Mine is more of a grinding than a shudder. Hence dirty discs or something

When i went to have the pads changed (only to find they didnt need changing) the mechanic gave them a good scrub on cement to get rid of any glazing. It was only a day or two later that the "grinding" noise came back... Hence the thought or warped rotor, i didnt think it was possible to glaze the pad that quickly without there being large amounts of heavy braking??

the mechanic gave them a good scrub on cement to get rid of any glazing

who knows how much dirt was embedded into the pad when he did that which was loosened after a few days for driving...

He should use sand paper, that way at least the grit is bound to the tool, not loose...