Brisbane to syd

hi guy

i was thinking see a car in Brisbane and maybe will buy that car there

question is

1)i want know how long time/km drive from Brisbane to syd?

2)is that expensive post car on truck and send syd??

3)and wut should i go do for rego?is QLD rego differnt from syd?do i need do anything for that? car rego til april next yr

cheers

Edited by waiwong38

hi guy

question is

3)and wut should i go do for rego?is QLD rego differnt from syd?do i need do anything for that? car rego til april next yr

cheers

Hey mate,

1) According to whereis.com.au bris to syd is about 937.66 km, Est. Time is about 10 hours 24 mins

2) I looked into this a little while back and prices vary from about $600 to over $1500 ... depending on the company's service + insurance cover etc etc.

3) Yes QLD rego is diff from Syd rego so it would need to be changed over how i have no idea about costs + form etc etc but im pretty sure the RTA will sting you with a few fee's & govt charges for this so ur best giving them a call and asking the question.

cheers

Bill

Hey Mate

I did the Brisbane-Sydney-Brisbane trip a few weeks ago, and with the current condition of the roads (travelling the 'Coast' way) we left Brissy (Bayside) around 4am and arrived in Sydney (Cromer/Mona Vale) around 4pm, stopping for about 1/2 hour in Grafton (Breakky), Port Maquarie (Lunch) and a few other quick pee/coffee stops along the way.

The return trip was fairly similar in timing. My suggestion is to not rush it, and allow around 12 hours to be safe, longer if you are doing it by yourself as you should rest every few hours....

As far as rego in QLD, you will need a valid Saftey Certificate (which should cost around $55 from any decent mechanic).

To transfer from someones name to yours, this will need to be provided (usually by the seller as it is illegal in Queensland to advertise a car for sale without one of these displayed IN the vehicle).

The cost of registration in Queensland is around $580 odd for a 4 cylinder

There are also Transfer Fees and Rip Off Duty (I mean Stamp Duty)...

The fees that apply are:

$A18.95 transfer fee

$A2.00 per $A100.00 or part thereof, of the market value or sale price whichever is the greater. Duty of $A25.00 will have to be paid if the vehicle is conditionally registered or tractor-based mobile machinery.

You can check the market value on www.redbook.com.au**.

These fees must be paid when the buyer of the vehicle lodges the transfer application.

This is the Queensland Transport's Website which has some information that may be applicable to you....

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/LTASinf...ation_question1

hi guy

question is

cheers

Don't get it sent on the back of a truck becos it will come back with rock dents everywhere becos bored ppl stand on the side of the road n throw rocks at the cars in them!

hey so how do the ppl driving on Sydney roads with QLD or VIC number plates get away with it for so long?

My neighbour has had a car with a VIC rego for a while now, so im curious to know how they are maintaining it.

hey so how do the ppl driving on Sydney roads with QLD or VIC number plates get away with it for so long?

My neighbour has had a car with a VIC rego for a while now, so im curious to know how they are maintaining it.

probably has a residential address in the other state

My record was 8 hrs including stops back in my dumb driving years.

Too many speed cameras now. On speed limit expect about 10 - 11hrs plus stops plus road works (which are always going on somewhere on pacific hwy)

Dont go new england - its a goat trail. Lost my exhaust on my beemer the only time I took it and trip takes 14hrs.