DIY INTAKE (updated pics)

JAZE55

I was going to purchase a SRI recently but opted not to due to insurance reasons. Anyways besides that, I decided to get some ducting pipe and attach it to the airbox. I already have a K&N panel filter, so this was the next best thing i could do. I ducted the pipe down into the foggies.

I must say, this is an awesome and CHEAP MOD. The car is sucking cooler air nows compared to the engine compartment. OMG when u hit lift sounds like a CAI. Same sound as all my friends hondas when they are VTEC N with intakes hahaha :P . I should have done this ages ago, plus it looks stock as still.

Performance increase, yes from my butt dyno :P . Car is way more responsive now after every gear change. The sound :D I cant get enough of it, now I undersatnd all you CAI boys and girls

here are some pics

dsc00348jy4.jpg

dsc00350ln9.jpg

Some may ask where i got the piping. From purple pig, it $20/m. Its heat resistant and doesnt crumble under pressure. 63mm. Just ask them, they recommend them for CAI.

Edited by JAZE55

Interesting idea, I have thought about doing it to mine.

Yeah if you can maybe zoom out your camera in the engine comparment or try a different angle se we can have a good looksee :)

Well basically I pulled out the stock air inlet. And replaced the whole thing with the piping feed into the foglight. I copied what a member here did. These are his pics.

stockductan0.jpg

aircleanerym7.jpg

Purple pig is at wetherill park. Horsley drive near where caltex is. Search them on google, they have a website.

Looking at my engine bay I seem to have a white container of some sort that looks like its connected to the air intake pipe.

Did you have that in your Sportivo? Did you take that one out as well?

Yeah the 1ZZ have a resonator box. You can take that out as well as most honda boys do that. As far as i know the 2ZZ dont have resonator box. Just take it out and duct the pipe in.

I really recommend this mod to others who dont want a CAI or dont want to fork out $300-400. For $20 its a worth while mod, Im sure a dedicated AEM INJEN or TRD CAI works more efficient but this is the next best thing.

BANG FOR BUCK

Yeah the 1ZZ have a resonator box. You can take that out as well as most honda boys do that. As far as i know the 2ZZ dont have resonator box. Just take it out and duct the pipe in.

I really recommend this mod to others who dont want a CAI or dont want to fork out $300-400. For $20 its a worth while mod, Im sure a dedicated AEM INJEN or TRD CAI works more efficient but this is the next best thing.

BANG FOR BUCK

U promise loud RUMBLE? :o :D

Sorry to b a pain but do u hav the link to the original post (where thoe photos r from)... Also r u sure its ok to just remove that white boxy thing (resonator apparently)???

here you go grima88

DIY intake

Its up to you if you want to take it out, I know the resonator is there to reduce noise and such.

Sorry to b a pain but do u hav the link to the original post (where thoe photos r from)... Also r u sure its ok to just remove that white boxy thing (resonator apparently)???

here you go grima88

DIY intake

Its up to you if you want to take it out, I know the resonator is there to reduce noise and such.

Thanks mate