Which springs should I go for

grima88

Hey guys I know this has been covered before (and I have spent hours upon hours reading posts about this), but I'm still uncertain which springs to go for in order fo the best balance of comfort and handling for a corolla that will have stock shock-absorbers. Will I go Whitelines, Lovells, Pedders or Kings, what do you think from your experiences??? :help:

EDIT: By the way this is for only lowering around 30-35mm (all these brands have springs around that level)

Edited by grima88

Ive been told Lovell are a stiffer and harder ride than the others. (Not sure if this is true as I have no experience with Lovell)

Pedders, Whiteline, Kings pretty much the same just make your choice on color for those 3.

Cheers,

Gazoom

I understand the Whiteline Springs are not as good as the Kings (although I stand corrected if someone says otherwise).

Pedders have been proven to be repainted/coated King Springs.

I have Low Kings (30-35mm) on my stock shockies and I find it fine. Looks good, rides nice, mind you, a set of Koni adjustables wouldnt go astray.

I also have a whiteline strut brace and this supports it a little extra...

IMO - Go the Kings....

I understand the Whiteline Springs are not as good as the Kings (although I stand corrected if someone says otherwise).

Pedders have been proven to be repainted/coated King Springs.

I have Low Kings (30-35mm) on my stock shockies and I find it fine. Looks good, rides nice, mind you, a set of Koni adjustables wouldnt go astray.

IMO - Go the Kings....

Is $385 a decent price for supply/installation/wheel alignment at Big O Tyres???

EDIT: That's for King Lows

Edited by grima88

IMO - Go the Kings....

i used to have Kings and stock shocks and Whiteline strut brace

just ask Dylan aka blue_stivo how unsettle my car was during the Plam Beach run!

IMO - Go the Kings....

i used to have Kings and stock shocks and Whiteline strut brace

just ask Dylan aka blue_stivo how unsettle my car was during the Plam Beach run!

How hard were you pushing though??? I know how I can run mine, and folling people like SILVABULLIT who was the same setup but Koni's not stocko, I can see the differences, but I cant complain for the type of driving that I do...

Pedders springs are not repainted kingsprings man, pedders springs are very good, ask any suspension place pedders are known to have some of the best springs

Of course Pedders are very good, they are made by King Springs. Just find some pedders, and take to them with a blade and scratch the paint off.

Pedders go alright, haven't had any problems except for what I said above, they're too high at the back. For this reason I'll agree with Poggy that they aren't the same as King's because Micky's car sits lower than mine at the rear

mine sits higher in the rear than the front with kings. trust me on the pedders issue i have it on very good authority from inside the kings factory(on the gold coast) that they supply pedders with all their springs.

I have pedders with stock shocks. I find the ride is not too bad ...I agree with Tayles and SILVERBULLIT - the rear looks a little high still with tyres profile 40. I find that after changing tyres to profile 45 (215/45/r17) the rear tyres fill the gaps a bit more :D

i reckon king springs....and go super low....if not go even lover.....$385 is the cheapest price you'll ever get in syd as i have called around every place in my local area and beyond most will charge you around the $495 mark....i found another place that will do it for $440 but i dont think they can match big O tyres price at $385....

im thinking of going 3inch drop at the front and 3 and a half at the back...making my car about 6cm off the ground....

i reckon king springs....and go super low....if not go even lover.....$385 is the cheapest price you'll ever get in syd as i have called around every place in my local area and beyond most will charge you around the $495 mark....i found another place that will do it for $440 but i dont think they can match big O tyres price at $385....

im thinking of going 3inch drop at the front and 3 and a half at the back...making my car about 6cm off the ground....

Nah man I'll only go King Lows (35mm drop), becos I still want a decent ride as well as the ability to negotiate steep driveways and approach speedhumps without coming to a near standstill. But each to their own and thanks for ur advice anyway :)

Edited by grima88

Nah man I'll only go King Lows (35mm drop), becos I still want a decent ride as well as the ability to negotiate steep driveways and approach speedhumps without coming to a near standstill. But each to their own and thanks for ur advice anyway :)

Hey grima88.. have you lowered your car yet ?

I am going to lower my car at the start of the year when I come back from holidays..

Hey grima88.. have you lowered your car yet ?

I am going to lower my car at the start of the year when I come back from holidays..

I'll PM you later on maybe if we do it at the same time we'll get a discount ;) :)

Hey, where are yous going to get it lowered grima88, i want mine lowered too!!!

Big O Tyres (its in Moorebank near Liverpool) they r pretty much the cheapest place u can get springs installed around here. I'll try n set up a group buy for these maybe early next yr cos there are a couple of us now that want to get springs. O btw I added u on MSN, so if u get a lil thingy saying this person has added u blah blah blah its probably me.

Ive got whiteline, they are awsome. Much better than my old kings. Whiteline generally design their springs to work as a package with whiteline front and rear sways and front strut brace. King, Pedders and Lowcells dont sell sways and strut braces for the Rolla.