Sportivo Tyre Pressure

SPTIVO_LUVA

Hey all, i am trying to figure out my tyre pressure, last time i did it, i put roughly 32 psi, but it did not look like enough, what do most ppl put in theres?

NOTE. SORRY I CLICKED WRONG SECTION PLEASE MOD MOVE TO WHEELS & TYRES

Edited by SPTIVO_LUVA

how are you measuring it?

If you are trusting the digital readout from the servo self inflater... forget it... invest in a spring dial pressure gauge (~$8 from any auto shop) and test the pressure after it's inflated, you will find it wavers around some times.

i thought the digital ones which beep at the set point were good. i know the analog ones which ding at the set point were not accurate since the handle which contains the gauge was always dropped. i heard that if you need to drive to the servo to get to one within 8 km of cold tyres or they heat up too much.

i thought the digital ones which beep at the set point were good. i know the analog ones which ding at the set point were not accurate since the handle which contains the gauge was always dropped. i heard that if you need to drive to the servo to get to one within 8 km of cold tyres or they heat up too much.

BP servos usually have a tyre inflator with digital reading that beeps (as kcorro indicated in previous post) and/or blinks when the desired pressure's been reached.

a few things that i would always keep in mind to keep the tyres from heating up too much on the way to the servo:

1. drive to a servo within 1 mile (1.6 km) of cold tyres

2. don't drive faster than 40kmh and try to minimise the stop n go

3. the colder the weather, the better

4. redo the tyres at least once in case it didn't "sense" the tyre pressure correctly the first time