WTF lift not engaging in warmed up car

VVTLiR

Hey did a few of runs yesterday racing my mates 250 Ninja (on the track ofcourse). Something went wrong with lift in my car. The first 2 runs lift did not engage properly and hit rev limit at 7K. I was emabarrased. The car was warmed up and had been driving for 10 min and i also hit lift a couple of minutes earlier too. WTF. I just got the car back from service and the car is stock.

On the third run I turned the car off turned it back and then lift was fine. As usual he got me on launch and then I left him like he was standing still when I hit third gear.

Has any1 had this happen before?

Edited by VVTLiR

do a ecu reset ...a proper one :P and see what happens i had that happen once when i got mine back from the shop after "the incident" you know what im talking about vvtlir, gave it a few launches after a ecu reset and it has run fine ever since.

I reset it the other week, i dont think its that.

What RPM were you launching at?

I had the same thing happen to me one night at WSID, I narrowed it down to the clutch overheating and not engaging 100% properly in 1st gear. It was OK in very other gear too. I tryed a few launches on the way home after it had cooled down a little and it was fine then.

What RPM were you launching at?

I had the same thing happen to me one night at WSID, I narrowed it down to the clutch overheating and not engaging 100% properly in 1st gear. It was OK in very other gear too. I tryed a few launches on the way home after it had cooled down a little and it was fine then.

That may makesense, I was launching at 4K

did you have enough fuel? i had the same problem b4, rev limiter kicks in at 7grand because i didnt put fuel in b4 the light came on,maybe the ecu think there isnt enough fuel for lift??? even now some time the rev limiter kicks in at 8grand..... its bad isnt it? people think you cant shift

did you have enough fuel? i had the same problem b4, rev limiter kicks in at 7grand because i didnt put fuel in b4 the light came on,maybe the ecu think there isnt enough fuel for lift??? even now some time the rev limiter kicks in at 8grand..... its bad isnt it? people think you cant shift

LAst time I was at WSID (when lift did work and I got a 14.3 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: ) I had the fuel light come on as I entered the gates.

Actually I was bloody low on fuel too, so it could be either.

i also had this happen to me the other morning in 1st gear(after half an hour driving),i was shattered i was draging a honda prelude at the time <_< it sucks when your not expecting it, but im leaning towards the not in gear properly idea. has everyone elses happened when in 1st gear? (besides blue_stivo)

Hmm.. i suspect your turbo isn't working properly.

oh wait. you don't have one... :lol:

On a serious note, i've noticed that sometimes the ecu reset doesn't take and you ahve to do it again.

There was a period when my old ascent only felt right after the 3rd ecu reset in 4 weeks

I have run the fuel that low I took 61 odd litres and never had a problem with Lift not coming in....

Could it be a faulty lift bolt thing like the 7th Gen Celica's had