V-power

Normally im anti-shell. BP ultimate and Caltex Vortex FTW :toast: . But I was really low on fuel and had no choice but to fill up, so I tried there gimmicky V-Power racing or whatever they call it now (just put in 10 bux), anyway now the car has a weird “peaky” kind of response :lol: , hard to explain but you barely put your foot down on the accelerator and the car is like launching.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i ran v-power racing... 2 weeks ago.. its terrible fuel.. never goin back to it...

i got bad fuel economy 200km to the tank... didnt feel any diff....

switchd to 98 vortex last week...

excellent economy.. about 400-500 to the tank... with the occasional thrash

this fuel is the v-power racing 100% octane "apprently" its not more power its just increased throttle response and sensitvity. But not filling up on that again prob the only good batch of shell fuel i have ever had!!! run vortex 98 plus octane boost, good combo ;) om1potent would know he uses it on the dyno all the time :P :lol:

Edited by specialized32

yeah 5% ethanol :angry: but i wouldnt be suprised if its in all the premium fuel brands if you saw the spot testing they did on fuel around all the servos recently on the news, mostly all contained ethanol to varying degrees. What a fuel company that actaully has 100 octane and actually doesnt bump it up with additives lol like to see that, i want to go to japan its ocatne rating hell there lol

Edited by specialized32

i run vortex 98 or bp ultimate (mobil synergy 800 gives best kms per tank but idles rough for me)

v power 100 has ethanol, something not recomended for the 2zz engine according to toyota...

ethalnol os sugar in a form and can lead over long periods of sitting and time to form a sludge (in ethanol form too) in fuel systems. Its also not recomended for carby cars (which my other is)

that gets some of the sludge out but not all, not even new cars DONT have perfect clean tanks. You are always going to get some junk in your tank i would hope if your using premium fuel from the day you purchased your car that the tank should be quite clean. If your worried about sludge just ask toyota next time to perform a fuel system flush odds are on they will go to supercheap and put some nulon injector treatment in it :P

Why the hell is it more expensive when there is ethanol blended into the so called 'racing" fuels??

You have to burn more of it anyway to maintain the same amount of power. Never tried those ethanol blended fuels before cause the price is too high.

On a side note my brother put V-power into my sportivo and from his experience the car picked up better and had a smoother idle (he borrowed it for a week)

Edited by Suprathai

SEARCH!!!! If you did, you would have found the following references to Shell V-Power & Optimax

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=142602

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=150116

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...ost&p=55121

v power 100 has ethanol, something not recomended for the 2zz engine according to toyota...

Untrue, The 2ZZ is suitable for an Ethanol Blend up to 10%.

I will scan the document Toyota mailed me and post it....

Here they are, this info can also be found if you search www.toyota.com.au in their little searchy thing for 'Ethanol'...

scan17703120061201170932.JPG

scan27703220061201170932.JPG

scan37703320061201170932.JPG

Shell now have E10 not sure the price...anyone tried it yet?

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId.../about_e10.html

New Shell Unleaded E10 is an example of this commitment by helping you save money each time you fill up. It contains our exclusive Fuel Economy Formula which is designed to take you further by keeping your engine clean and reducing friction....

QUOTE(unfamilia @ Dec 1 2006, 10:43 AM)

Untrue, The 2ZZ is suitable for an Ethanol Blend up to 10%.

I will scan the document Toyota mailed me and post it....

I stand corrected Azza, they told me it was not recomended........ still wouldnt use it though, dont use the cheapy ethanol one either, bad experience in another car.... required to dum all the fuel and clean out the tank, not just dislodge it and flush it through the injectors

I stand corrected Azza, they told me it was not recomended........ still wouldnt use it though, dont use the cheapy ethanol one either, bad experience in another car.... required to dum all the fuel and clean out the tank, not just dislodge it and flush it through the injectors

Thats cool. I have been using the e5 Optimax Extreme/V-Power Racing since it was released with no negative side effects, but hey, that's me. Each to their own....

• 3 weeks later...

when did they release the e10? the caltex near me is crap, they dont even have 98 at night!!!anyway whats the ron on the e10????

http://www.caltex.com.au/about_news_detail.asp?id=309

Should answer all your questions. Although after reading through it, they don't mention the RON. :angry:

This is the pdf listing all current servos selling E10

http://www.caltex.com.au/media_files/PressItem.876.1206.pdf

Edited by snakesau

I personaly think Shells just put new stickers on there bowsers and ran a few ads saying it's new and improved when it's probably just the same old optimax fuel :unsure: . I tried it in both my cars, E36 BMW and SPORTIVO and i think it's still as crap as ever. My choice is MOBIL 8000, i have never had a problem with it in either car. :)

i run shell v-power in my car..i rate it as a pretty good fuel, first time i put it in i could definitely feel the difference, and my car also sounded a little louder with the stock exhaust :)

one problem i have right now is that the 2 shells closest to me in my area have had the "not in use" tag on al the v-power pumps for bout 2 weeks now...WTF IS GOING ON SHELL