NSW Police Hiding Spots

RedLiner

Ok this topic was inspired by the copper who was hiding behind a parked car with a radar in my daily "lift" street..lucky there was a car in front of me and i was going slow..

so list the places where you have seen cops hide for the benefit of all of us....

Moseley Street, Strathfield

M4 Westbound First Breakdown Bay after Concord Rd entry ramp (behind wall)

M4 Westbound/ Eastbound in the bushes before the tolls travelling west or after the tolls travelling east.

M4 Eastbound Westmead entry ramp...they are always at the top of the ramp so no one can see them

M4 Eastbound Behind the wall of Silverwater Entry ramp after toll gates.

F6 northbound at Heathcote (where it drops from 100 zone to 70)

Princes Hwy northbound at Sylvania (bottom of the hill just before Sylvania Maccas)

Wollongong-specific:

Northern Distributor at Fairy Meadow, sitting under the Elliots Rd bridge (both directions depending on time of day)

F6 northbound at Wollongong (just after Robsons Rd on-ramp, they get you coming down the hill after you go under Mt. Keira Rd)

F6 northbound at Unanderra (sitting on the grassy bit between the freeway and the Five Islands Rd exit)

F6 southbound at Kembla Grange (sitting in median strip near Northcliffe Dve)

F6 southbound at Dapto (sitting under Kanahooka Rd bridge)

Princes Hwy southbound at Albion Park Rail (sitting just before shops at start of 60 zone, or a bit further down the road near Maccas at the top of the hill hiding in someone's driveway)

Princes Hwy southbound at Oak Flats Interchange

Five Islands Rd northbound at Port Kembla (going past the steelworks, just before you come into Cringila)

Edited by Tats

don't race any fords with a "000 race team" sticker on the rear window either

I think it might be a good idea to also start a list of unmarked police cars (i.e when you see someone being pulled over by an undercover, remember the plates and post them here. A location of incident would also help isolate the zones they cover)

just an idea

I think it might be a good idea to also start a list of unmarked police cars (i.e when you see someone being pulled over by an undercover, remember the plates and post them here. A location of incident would also help isolate the zones they cover)

just an idea

while that sounds like a good idea, i think it will attract more attention than you want. I mean if cops go thru this site and see a list of all their unmarked cars, something tells me they wont be very impressed and be on the look out for cars with a "au.toyotaownersclub.com"

just an idea

You will find that most, not all, but most police cars be it unmarked or marked will be Fords from now on..as Ford has made a deal with the Police Dept. to supply most of their motor vehicles.

just an idea

while that sounds like a good idea, i think it will attract more attention than you want. I mean if cops go thru this site and see a list of all their unmarked cars, something tells me they wont be very impressed and be on the look out for cars with a "au.toyotaownersclub.com"

If street directories can mention where there is fixed speed cameras..we surely can mention where cops hide.....

but as for listng all the number plates...how hard will that be....especially when police cars are updated after every 15000 km's or so

If street directories can mention where there is fixed speed cameras..we surely can mention where cops hide.....

but as for listng all the number plates...how hard will that be....especially when police cars are updated after every 15000 km's or so

I wasnt referring to where cops hide, i think thats fine. Besides, it also helps them cos most people would drive slower around those areas thinking that there may be a cop there, leaving the cops free to patrol other areas.

What I was referring to was listing their actual plates, i think they might get a bit peeved at that.