2ZZ aftermarket ECU

Nengun has the vmanage listed for about $460, you would really have to get the emange ultimate aswell to make full use of it. No point being able to alter the cam timing if you can't modify the ignition timing and fuel delivery. The emanage ultimate is required to modify the ignition timing and fuel control.

http://www.trust-power.com/06new/e2006/061206_vmanage.html

By the time you purchase both, wire it in and get it tuned, it would cost more than a powerfc.

you could also try the hydra EMS ..... from the looks of things this unit is starting to get popular in the US for the celica's .... will it plug and play in the corolla or suffer similar issues like the pfc ? dunno .... has anyone used one here in aus ? not that i knw of ..... so ur really going to have to read up on it from the US

about $450 USD.....50,000 yen

hi there JC TURBO..

im very interested...can i get one...im from south africa and i would like to purchase one...

at the moment my family is visiting austrailia..they are in melbourn...is it possible for me to buy one of these...

i really need this...

how reliable is the car with this ecu on?

By the time you purchase both, wire it in and get it tuned, it would cost more than a powerfc.

Hardly....both E-manage Ultimate and Z manage combined is under $1000USD. Plus you don't a custom Wiring harness, and months of time tuning just for a good base setting

you must have really average dyno tuners in the US if you require a month to get a decent map. Takes the good tuners here about 2-3 hours.

For Australian purchasers from Nengun, the 2ZZ PFC is $845. Some simple re-pinning of the harness and you're on your way to the dyno tuner for about $300 worth of tuning.

For the Ultimate/Vmanage setup, from Nengun again you need:

Emanage Ultimate - $573

Greddy Complete Harness set - $90

Vmanage - $471

That totals $1134, and you need to hack into your factory loom to install it unless you spend another couple of hundred on a fields harness, which you can also use for the repinning to install a 2ZZ Celica PFC if you're not very good at remembering which wires you swapped around.

Then you're still up for a few hundred in dyno costs on top of the greddy setup as the tuner has to test the limits of the piggyback setup to see when they go too far and the stock ECU/knock sensor over-ride the signals the greddy setup is trying to modify. The stock knock control is a real pain when using piggybacks and trying to get the best gains. What's the point of spending close to $1500 AUD on a piggyback setup if you're not going for the best gains possible?

We got a decent increase on my brothers car with an emanage, we could have got more with a powerfc.

Edited by rollamods

about $450 USD.....50,000 yen

hi there JC TURBO..

im very interested...can i get one...im from south africa and i would like to purchase one...

at the moment my family is visiting austrailia..they are in melbourn...is it possible for me to buy one of these...

i really need this...

how reliable is the car with this ecu on?

Hey mate, lmk if you getting this cos I am also interested. Need to make the x run here lol...

Greek

id definantly go for the Apple duo core big HP gains to be had there!!!!! :whistling:

Nahh as mantioned the MoTec is an awsome option i have not witnessed but have had a tuna claim 140kw atw aparently it was i think!!!!!!! neil bates' sportivo.... without CAI but using a hf cat and exhaust...

id definantly go for the Apple duo core big HP gains to be had there!!!!! :whistling:

Nahh as mantioned the MoTec is an awsome option i have not witnessed but have had a tuna claim 140kw atw aparently it was i think!!!!!!! neil bates' sportivo.... without CAI but using a hf cat and exhaust...

highly unlikely pete that it would get to 140kw atw with just the motec .... reason i say this is the engineers @ motec sent me the dyno run statistics from their work on a sportivo and it wasnt even close 2 that figure ....

highly unlikely pete that it would get to 140kw atw with just the motec .... reason i say this is the engineers @ motec sent me the dyno run statistics from their work on a sportivo and it wasnt even close 2 that figure ....

lol hence my caful choice of words :)

Neal Bates doesnt tune 2ZZ's

However, a member here (Neil Trama) is now the tuner of the ex-Leanne Ferrier car which did make 140kw+ at the wheels with a massive exhaust, nice intake, Motec and blueprinted.

Not sure if anyone has thought of this, but there is another locally built option which gets a bad wrap it really doesnt deserve, and can't be beat in the bang for buck stakes.

Microtech.

I run a Microtech LT10S with X4 igniter (direct ignition), Bosch coils (biggest ones they make.... PAC racing uses the very same on their 1000hp+ rotary MX6 7 second dragster), Wideband sensor, dash unit and onboard logging option.

Now, Microtech gets a bad wrap which goes back to their MT series ecus...however, the LTS series ecu's (LT10S, LT12S and the yet to be released LT16S - all full stand alone units) are fairly sophisticated. 16x16 maps (32x32 on its way apparently), 3 outputs (to control things like thermo fans, idle air control, and even your lift point...), 2 inputs (I run one on my airconditioning compressor and add a bit of timing to up the revs when the A/C kicks in, the other one i'm not currently using but could be used for 2step launch control, or N2O, or water injection...you name it), easy to use software, etc etc.

Ok its not as sophisticated as motec or haltech, but for the price (just over a grand for the LT10S on its own) its hard to ignore.

With just the ecu upgrade alone, i shaved 6 tenths off my PB quartermile...

Disadvantages are that appart from the LT16S, there is no closed loop fuel control....its also not as fine grained as a Motec ecu in the tune resolution department, although it is more than sufficiant for most uses.

Not sure if they make a 2ZZ setup yet...but all they really need is details on how your Crank Angle Sensor works, and how your Cam Angle Sensor works so they can figure out which cylinder to fire at.

I'd recommend it to anyone after an entry level ecu, which is easy enough to tune on the street by yourself....

Microtech isn't advanced enough to control VVTLi. Motec and PFC are the main ones so far, Adaptronic can also control it with the latest firmware.

It'll never get the "i" part working, you are right... variable valve timing on any car is difficult to control with an aftermarket ecu.

Assuming though, that lift is activated via an electrical signal at a given RPM point, (like vtec), you would be able to control Lift at least via the AUXOUT RPM wire on the microtech.

Things that the microtech CANT control, you can leave in the hands of the standard ECU in alot of cases... of course it would require some experimentation.....if you leave enough of the standard ECU harness intact so as it knows whats going on, but can't do anything about it, and assuming it doesnt give a damn about that fact, you could concievably control the variable valve timing with the standard ecu and move the lift point around with the microtech....

assuming alot of course...i dont drive a corolla - but there was someone on the microtech forums looking at playing around with an MT on a 2ZZ....

The MoTec on our 2ZZ rally car was originally tuned by the MoTec engineers and it was far from optimum... "Crap" actually. That's why their figures weren't impressive, because they haven't really had much 2ZZ experience.

The member that micky_t mentioned up there then tuned our MoTec and now it's a weapon :)