Jaderd blue upgrade sportivo

jaderd

just bought all goodies needed to paint my mudflaps, engine cover, fuse cover (maybe) and front and rear emblems....cost 60 $ all up....but incldues the wax and grease remover so already have that for when i paint my wheels in next month or so.....autobarn did the paint...30 $ guess thats ok price ..

Ill post up pics when completed

post-3050-1181271252_thumb.jpg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had a busy long weekend and managed to get done all the painting i wanted including painting my calipers ....took all day sunday...preperation is painful lol.

Engine cover, mudflaps, fuse box cover and front and rear emblem painted color of car.

sanded all back with 600 and 1000 wet dry sandpaper

3 layers primer on each

about 4-5 layers paint on each

3 layers clear on each

happy with how they worked out seeing its my first go at painting and prob first time i have ever done someone fully without tryin to cut afew corners to save time....preperation is def the key.

On sunday i did the break calipers, used VHT racing red, did the rears first and rotated tyres left to right at same time, then did the front calipers, fronts took a loong time to tape off etc....was getting sick of it by the end...Had enough paint to do 5 coats per caliper, both front and rear....they worked out quite well.

So today i closed up the garage chucked on the lights and did a "sly" handwash of the car as it has not had a proper handwash since i got it.

heres some pics

post-3050-1181535217_thumb.jpg

post-3050-1181535235_thumb.jpg

post-3050-1181535247_thumb.jpg

post-3050-1181535260_thumb.jpg

post-3050-1181535272_thumb.jpg

post-3050-1181535285_thumb.jpg

post-3050-1181535297_thumb.jpg

post-3050-1181535310_thumb.jpg

post-3050-1181535323_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Quick Update, TRD CAI is all installed...using the K&N KNRX3900 filter....as TRD one was too much of a tight squeeze for the facelift model so i opted for a better fitting one, also it made it sit up higher above fog light assembly etc

and also fitter the Light up door sills....got them off ebay from Hong Kong....easy istall quite effective...bit of rice :) although i didnt initially clean down with metho so havent stuck the best, only one has stuck perfect, this weekend will buy some metho, some more double sided tape, peel them off..clean nicely and add more tape and all will be good....only thing i really need...well want is a set of four window visors/weathershields, slimline dark tint ones....like Kaze- Stivo has.

will put some pics up soon

also this weekend spending up on some meguires goods....getting the deep crystal clean wash...claybar kit, polish and finally a nice wax....aint done it yet and have had car over 6 months :(...so it deserves it...........if you are a bit of a noob like me at this sort of thing i reccomend you take 20 mins out of work :) :) and visit the meguires site and watch the videos on how to do the whole process and tips etc, from washing...to how to use the claybar kit ....how to check if ready for polish as needs to be smooth as glass prior to polish (if not....deep crystal cleaner), then polish and finally wax :)

might do it this weekend

cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to buying all the goodies i need to give my car some TLC.

Went to autobarn tonight and scored:

post-3050-1188889846_thumb.jpg

Meguiars Next Gen cooler bag kit - Car wash, Tech wax Liquid and Insane Shine Tyre Spray = $54.99 (just noticed catalogue said $50 ...ohwell....is a good saving ne ways...items purchased seperately cost $79.00

Meguiars Quick Clay Detailing System incl Quick Detialer Mist and wipe....used as lube for clay and maintenance in between waxing periods = $34.99

Meguiars Deep Crystal system polish : $18.99

Meguiars Hand Applicator 2 pack: $4.99

Kenco Micro Fibre Towels 6 pack...colored...good for assigning to job..wax/dry/polish etc : $14.99

Total : $128.95

So sometime soon i will put it all to good use...little busy at moment and heading to town home to mildura try and sell my old 1985 Ford LTD and help oldman with some tearing down of sheds etc....

Got all my goodies i need for my car now when combining what i bought with what i got afew months back.......happy now :)

post-3050-1188889859_thumb.jpg

aahhh 2.5 hours later....all done...done everything other than wax the car.....ran out of time.....to do half the polishing i had to drive to local carwash..500m waway which is good to use the lights there to finish polish....then went and took some pics......tried to do the pics like i see on here...like yvets who always look awesome.....i have a ****ty $200 2 years ago olympus c310.....3X opticla n thats a bout it.....pretty ****.....some pics came out good though...new camera soon....Panasonic..TZ3 10X optical zoom :) :) all ready fo africa in december

heres afew snaps off my facebook

Photos on my facebook

• 2 weeks later...

quick update.....car is filthy dirty ;) although not too fussed as i know she is "protected" from the hours of detailing the other week....

Recently stopped off at Midas and got them to swap my front to back for $10 didnt worry about balance said i would see how i go etc.....also the back right (now front right) had a slow leak which i didnt really want on the front so figured id go to tyrpower and get front balanced and eak fixed.....did this $40 all up....2 days later tyre still leaking by about 10psi every 24 hours and balance felt like *****.....just felt weird cornering and under load felt shaky etc....bit weird.....so went back said this and they fixeed tyre again and re balance.....this time the tyre is fine no leak although still feels odd at times whilst drivng, i have driven along.....60 -80 -100 -120 etc and put it in neutral so no engine rev and still feels funny like not too much wheel vibration though, if i then put it back into gear vibration increases in wheel due to revs etc but just felt a bit "doughy" under load in 2nd etc and not smooth....figure is wheels although unsure ?....just weird only noticed this feeling after getting wheels changed around.

Today i have another appt @2.00 at tyre power (think they really hate me now) where guy said he would take it for a drive ( me in passenger seat watching is every move...lol) n see....still think balance isnt the best as i wathced the kid do it last time chatting to mate whole time...not really giving a **** lol.....was going to mention whether they could do a "real balnce" where balance up rim with no tyre....mark heavy spot.....put tyre on ... find heavy spot and spin to opposite of heavy sppot on mag to counter balance....then final balance will only need the min weight as you have balance eachother out if ya get what i mean.....although i figured this may end with a dint in my car etc for telling them how to do their job.

Just to humour myself today i bought some circutory cleaner etc from autobarn and took out MAF sensor and cleaned it....the resin covered looking partof sensor did look a little dirty and at the same time i did a full ECU reset....put all back in started for 5-10, turned off disconnect for 30 sec ....reconnect and drove pants off it for 5 min....felt better straight off the bat i thought.....smoother through the revs in first or second...and smoother on the road ???? wierd...........so figured i would still go to the tyre centre @ 2.00 and see what they say .........just wait and see i guess.......not sure now whether it is the tyres or just the car running a little rough and feeling weird.....just that only noticed once tyres altered ????

any ideas......main feelings were car seeming a bit doughy and vibraty through the accelerator and while accelerating if you sat the side of your foot against side of break pedle...not engaing it at all....it seemed to vibrate heaps too ??? more so while accelerating....prob jusst due to the engine revs ????....hard breaking seemed fine just little weird sometimes while cornering and braking ???? dunno...might all be in my head :)

LOL don't blame you, when I get new tyres I put my stock/other set of wheels and nuts back on the car and just drop off my aftermarket wheels to them. That way they don't touch the car, or the pretty wheel nuts, just the wheels... No rattle guns either. They shouldn't really hate you dude, you're a paying customer! Theoretically they should have got it first time unless you're inventing the problem yourself :lol:

haha yeah.....3rd time lucky....took it in the old guy in there was like...its been done twice we will do it again but it must be mechanical....then as he takes down name and rego hes looking outside getting info off a ae101 lol......im like nah mate its the new one....then hes like....where did you get the rims and tyres.....trying to blame them....i said they are stock straight fromthe factory....still original tread too....so that shut him up...talked to the young guy said how dont want to annoy him etc and that t may be fine just feels weird etc....he was really good chatted about it etc and said he would balance them again then we both agreed the difference is prob from now having meatier tyres on the front compared to what was there which was getting low etc.......all done they were 5grams out which is bugger all.....still feels a little less smooth compared to prior but is all good.....now though lol....both front brakes are making a bit of a grinding noise at the final stage of braking when going really slow.....i think though this is due to some dust and rocks i may have sucked in whilst doingsome spirited driving, cutting corners of windy road a little this arvo after doing the ecu reset....will see if it dissapears over next day and after a high presseure squirt of water ....other wise ill ring toyota....worst case i guess all this vibration may have been a break problem which is now becoming more prominent(scraping noise) not sure will wait a day or two and see if the noise goes away (rock/dust) or gets worse and ill head to toyota

cheers

PS.....Bob Jane Eltham.......good job....put up with me going back 3 times only payed originally and young dude there did a good job

quick update..........vibration still there....bit the bullet and booked it into toyota today....cannon toyota in camberwell.....where i get my services etc..spoke to vince pisa the service manager booked it in etc and explained porblems and that i have had the wheels balanced 3 times in last 2 weeks (only payed once) .

Got a phone call at 10:30 this morning.....all done.....tyres were way off........one was 25 grams out and one 10 grams out....massive amount def noticable and was the problem....they also cleaned my discs ans pads etc as they had a build up of crap and were making a bit of noise......all done....feels brand new and cost me 0 $.....i tell ya this guy vince is the bomb......cheap services and free work.

I then rang bob jane and mentioned it to them....they had only recently had their machines calibrated and he was goin to call the guy out again......either that or the worked deliberately did it **** ?......all i know is all work even balancing to be done at toyota camberwell from now on.....

cheers

pics of the showroom shine plz!

hehe

my wonder meguiars collection is similar to yours, but minus the nxt gen car wash & mirror glaze, but plus megs paint cleaner, another 3 pairs of meg's hand applicators and 12 of them great kenco micro trade packs!

i find that using 2 hand apps for polish, wax and 1 hand appl for scratchx is best, the last app should be for paint cleaner. that way u minimize the scratches created by the accumulation of product. @ the end of any application wash the applicators in warm to hot water immediately to save some $$$ on buying new ones. do not cross use the hand apps on something else (ie wax handapp used again for polish)

1 question though, when do u use the mirror glaze? in which step?

The order i do it in is:

1. Wash & dry(duh)

If car surface is majority retarded then:

2. Paint Cleaner/prewax cleaner

3. Scratch x (only if needed)

3. Clay

4. Polish (once a year)

5. Wax

wheres that mirror glaze fit?

i find that annoying that bobjane cant even wheel balance them properly. i think of them as the 2nd choice 2 a dealer, but now i guess i need to approach with caution. i hate steering wheel vibrations.

Edited by Wixy

i bought the mirror glaze ages ago,.....before i read and investigateg the process steps and whats needed, i follow the process you stated also.....seems to be the goods.....photos of the car are on my facebook and myspace...

www.myspace.com/berto_83

i think a linkis up afew posts back

cheers

• 5 months later...

THought i would chuck up a quick update, since last post i dont think i have done anything other than getting two slimline Aunger brand weather shields for front windows and also set of headlight protectors, have installed the strips and still waiting on the headlight protectors to come into shop. This saturaday i have booked my car in to get lowered, just king lows after much deliberation about what to get, was going to go the superlow rear and low front to level out although after reading some info i found this only works for aftermarket shocks/struts which have a different seating height for the spring, hence using stocks it would sit low in the back compared to front, also melbournes roads arent the best and i dont want hassles with how low it is for speed bumps and gutters so just the 35mm drop will do. Protek tyres n wheels in Oakleigh $350 installed and a wheel alighnment included 2 weeks later. Also last night i drove out to Dr-Dre's house (member on here) and bought the custom made dual exhaust with quad tip which he had for sale on here ealry Jan, figured id give it a go and see if i like how it looks/sounds......not cannon mufflers....proper mufflers so should be alright. So yeah after saturday car should have everything done to it which i want done...lowered...TRD CAI and new exhaust/muffler setup from axle back. I think that will be enough mods for awhile other than basic cosmetic stuff like LED parker lights etc n protective stuff like headlight and bonnet guard .....WHO KNOWS WHERE CAN GET BONNET GAURD FOR 05 UPGRADE......AUNGER DONT DO THEM.

Cheers....will post up pics this weekend

Edited by jaderd

i also got my stivo lowered @ protek in oakleigh.

They gave me a scratch on my car free of charge.

:o :o It happened to me too!!

JADERED...BE CAREFUL!! seriously!!...John Souvas is the head guy...tell him that past sportivos had their cars lowered there...and have come away with scratches after service!! :o :o

PS: Maybe Take Photos of ur whole car before u bring it in for insurance :)

Edited by oVo

Or if your me the easier way is take your car there filthy as you havent got around to washing it for a bit therefore ne where they touch or scratch can be seen......just went around it fully then, no marks at all :). So yeah today had it all done....dropped on lows now and also got the custom exhaust fitted which was dead easy...the rear mounts to hild up exhaust lined up perfect with the tow points so we were able to bolt a bracket in their which worked perfect......lvoe the exhaust sounds awesome.....no cannons etc.....proper muffler setup......thanx to Dreedee (think thats nick name) for selln it to me :)..

Pics below......love the height too as far as 35mm lowering.....low enough to look good and feels heaps better ....flatter around corners less bouncy etc.....and guy at protek mentioned not to really worry about your shocks too much at all as the 35mm drop aint alot...still heaps of suspension travel etc.....he mentioned will only really go "quick" when you bottom them out heaps etc....so yeah time will tell on if hes correct.......so yeah all major mods i want to do are done now....maybe strut and sway in time......

Cheers..........love the exhaust sounds great.....real sporty especially mixed with CAI.

post-3050-1204958605_thumb.jpg

post-3050-1204958616_thumb.jpg

post-3050-1204958577_thumb.jpg