Jaderd blue upgrade sportivo

jaderd

not 100 % sure, it bolts straight up to the flange prior to back wheels, then splits into 2 pipes (2.25 " each maybe ?) then each of them flows into a 16 " X 8" muffler and then into twin tips on each side.....real easy setup.....mounting brackets lined up perfectly with tow point holes on both sides so that was simple....then one attached way back just after flange.....no vibration, nothing....perfect....real nice sporty sound......best on a cool night with windows down and putting the boot into it @ about 4k......

:)...........as far as lowering i guess eventually oneday i will probably go coilovers but in no rush......will most prob wait until the stock shocks go which may be a while away yet hopefully.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick Update:

had my 40,000km service today @ Canon Toyota Camberwell as usual, same place i have had all services since i got the car Dec 06.

Like usual the guys looked after me with trade prices on everything good bunch of blokes......40k major service $290, gotta love that...always take care of me there.

Cheers

yeah i know, afew ppl on here have only ever had bad experiences from them.....dunno why.....i always from the start have only dealt with the head man there Vince Pisa, i email him to book in services or let him know of any problems/clarifications with car or call him, he is always eager to help, everytime without fail i also introduce myself as Simon, member of toyota owners club australia. All the guys there are great and i always chat to them about cars etc........they do right by me and i do right by them, got my car service early december last year.....it was a friday and a hot as day, i had there aurion courtesy car for day so picked up an ice cold slab of beer ad gave that to the boys when i payed for the service....they loved it.....little things can go along way especially with ppl that you are trusting with your pride and joy.....they appreciate it when ppl note their good work.

cheers

just took off front and rear toyota emblem.....didnt realise the front one actually just clipped out....had a look and saw one clip, then found another and was unable to get to the last one as it is covered......getting two undone allows it to pop out ne ways......am going to paint em both the color of car...will do them this weekend along with my mudflaps maybe.....color code them to car also...practice my painting skills prior to the wheels

ne suggestions on wheel colors ?

go for gold. :toast:

yeah maybe gold....now that ive done everything bigish (money wise) that i want to do to the car (CAI, Lowered, Exhaust) think ill start doing some more DIY cosmetic stuff......within the next month or two i think ill paint the stivo rims....at moment im thinking gloss black....unsure though....its funny...once you do one thing you want to kep going with little mods as its seems as though u cant go a month with the car looking the same u need to tweak or add something lol

• 2 weeks later...

Washed and claybar'd today....came out alright....really need to do a good bug n tar of front bar....didnt have ne and couldnt be bothered heading to shops...

Heres afew pics from today.....beautiful day .....perfect temp

grassfrotnsmall.jpg

grassfrontrightsmall.jpg

grassfrontleftsmall.jpg

fullrearsmall.jpg

frontrdsmall.jpg

cartunnel.jpg

cartunnelclose.jpg

grasssidesmall.jpg

grassasssmall.jpg

Edited by jaderd

Washed and claybar'd today....came out alright....really need to do a good bug n tar of front bar....didnt have ne and couldnt be bothered heading to shops...

Heres afew pics from today.....beautiful day .....perfect temp

Edited by jaderd

It certainly came out nice with the clay treatment. Great pics Nice car :toast::toast::toast: The exhaust is great something i want eventually. :toast::toast: where can i get an exhaust like that :yahoo:

Edited by 1rocky

• 1 month later...

After Hunting for wheels and tyres over last few months hoping to spend cash on a 2nd hand wheel n tyre set instead of just spending 400 $ - 600 $ on tread for stivo rims ,after driving 200km return over afew trips only seeing **** set of wheels i had all but given up.....then this morning to humour myself i thought id have one last look on buy and sell.....and there they were tEeevo's wheels and tyres ( He bought Kolourheros) which i snapped up this arvo and put on just before....sweet as

I could not have wished for better wheels and tyres to pop up...i had over half the cash on me from trying to buy wheels last night which were ****ters....never would have thought some buddyclubs would float my way....awesome timing

Buddyclub P1 SF - Gunmetal Grey

17 X 7

42 Offset

front tyres : Kumho Ecsta Sevens 215/45/17 91W,

360 Tread wear

AA Traction Rating

A Temperature

100% tread left

rear tyres : Bridgestone Potenza GIII's 215/45/17 87W

220 Tread Wear

A Traction rating

A Temperature

70%+ tread left

(ZERO SCRUBBING ON FULL LOCK BOTH WAYS ON KING LOWS)

Wheels got afew gutter scratches but no doubt i may accidentally do some at one point so wont get them fixed up....almost inevitable over time i reckon

Put them on....feel awesome.....steering feels heaps lighter and better as some may know the tread on my stivos (factory fitted tread) at about 30k they started feeling weird could never get it to feel right....ended up being that the tyres are actually egg shaped so used them till now 44k and now onto these feels magnificant.

Afew quick snaps below off phone...**** quality...color looks good as

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

Edited by jaderd

lookn nice. I like lower profile rubber IMO but they still look awsome. Cant go past quality wheels. What sort of other wheels were you looking at buying before these came your way?

I'm glad you were happy with the buy mate, at first i couldn't really pictured gunmetal grey on blue, i kinda thought it suited white more, BUT seeing the pics it looks sexy. suits your car better than mine! another happy person! :D

P.S. i recieved quite a few more PM's regarding the rims... quite a few

wow nice looking rims. would've been interested in them as well but guess i was too late. i'm running 17X7 rims on mine as well, but your tyres look 'thicker'. guessing mine should be low profile tyres then. what are the dimensions of your tyres?

Thanx for all the comments guys......

as far as tyres they are 215/45/17 hence why they seem a bit "thicker"......was a little worried before putting them on not sure whether would scrub but nothing at all at full lock so really happy.....im only lowered 30mm though on king lows....Kolourhero has superlow 50mm same tyre setup and he is fine with zero scrubbing on full lock too.

Car feels awesome on the road too...had her on 110 on freeway this morning .....smooth as.

aaronsu - In relation to selling the stivo rims i think i will keep them at moment as the outlay for the Buddyclubs was really only equivalent to buying new good brand tread for the stivo rims ($600)....and if i keep the stivo rims it means i have all stock parts from airbox to springs, exhaust and rims/tyres.....if i feel i need a bit of cash ne time soon i will let you know....the stivo rims have 43k on them...still some tread left but tyres are actually oval shaped.....after many many complaints with getting them balanced Toyota tested them and found the tyres out of shape.....that was at 33k or so so drove another 11 thousand nor very comfortably though :(........thats why the new setup feels so nice also......it wasnt too noticable but the out of shapeness was there.

Cheers guys

Hey all, had my car dyno’d (Dynamatics Dyno) for the first time tonight….fun experience, had it done in Diamond Creek out NE Melbourne, guy recently installed it in his workshop (maverick automotive) so is currently chucking mates cars on and others who ask for free for afew runs each over a few week period (Friday/sat nights etc) to play around with it and get himself back familiar with all the dyno can do etc…..hasn’t played around with one for a bit been using more traditional tuning methods etc.

Anyway I got all his details and he is keen to host a dyno day in the future had a good chat to him about it etc….so sounds good for future events.

Put my car on, set it all up etc, currently he only does runs using “RAMP” mode, where he sets all data up himself, he doesn’t do any of the “shooutout4, shootout6, shootout8 modes etc. Just to show the comparison though here are the figures from my GF’s little brother James VY SS commodore ute

SS Commodore ute :

Ramp Mode = 198 KW @ wheels

Shoutout8 mode = 219KW @ wheels. (10.1% higher output shown)

Guy is unsure exactly what the different modes are made up of (settings wise) other than that they are there for uniformity between dyno’s so if James went to Canberra and ran on shootout8 mode (8 for 8 cylinder?) he should pull same KW in theory.(yes/no ?)

When we ran mine we only used ramp mode as that is what the guy uses…..he says that when he tunes cars…use ramp mode…..as long as they go out with more power than when come in that’s all him and his clients are worried about…not whichever gives higher figure for bragging rights rah rah rah

Mine on Ramp Mode : 105.8KW @ Wheels

So in theory if Shootout4 (4 cylinder?) was used maybe 10.1 % power increase would be shown which would equal 116.8 kw. So basically I will see what “setup” they use at the GT Car club dyno day coming up, maybe I might walk out with 10 extra KW lol……seems a bit ridiculous though, like bill and everyone says its ¼ mile time that depicts it truly and your time to 60ft etc…..so yeah happy with 105.8 although would like to know if this is the true reading (settings) that all others are using.

Please give me opinions and corrections on anything ive written…..very new to dynos and what different modes do. Other ppls dyno results on here are they from dyno days…most prob “shootout” modes used ?

Guy said the car seems to be running ok not to lean not to rich etc AFR 12-13 throughout run, main fluctuation occurs during the cam change over.

• He and all the other V8 lovers there really enjoyed the sounds of lift and the very fast moving line increasing straight up at around 6k on comp screen. ahh lift…..everyone loves it, puts a smile on all faces.

IMAG0294.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg